Saturday, June 21, 2008

Iowa Mountain Range

Occasionally, when the conditions are just right, we see a mountain range here in Iowa! This evening brought such a sight, on the northern horizon:
*******
********

When I was six years old, I went on a trip to Colorado with my family. Oh, how I enjoyed gazing at the Rocky Mountain peaks! When we left there, I was turned around in the back seat, watching through the car's rear window as the mountains disappeared from sight, tears running down my face. After that, whenever I'd see clouds resembling mountains, I would imagine really, really hard that they were truly real!!


5 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

LOL. We get those "mountain rainges" in Illinois too. Great photo.

Pat - Arkansas said...

Lovely photo; the clouds *do* look like mountains. I've been gone from New Mexico for 58 years, and I still miss the mountains.

The W.O.W. factor! said...

I had to laugh too! Mountains in Iowa?? Caught my mind of guard! Nice you can still "see mountains". Never realized until now, I've just taken them for granted here in WA.

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Ruth, Pat, w.o.w.!

Thanks for dropping in! Hope you've had a pleasant weekend!

Anonymous said...

no one cares about this.... we need pictures of the map crap