Saturday, July 26, 2008

Bridal Shower Doll

This afternoon my future daughter-in-law was given a bridal shower, hosted by her aunts and a cousin. Gracing the gift table was this precious bride doll, her dress crocheted years ago by the future-bride's grandmother, now long deceased. A funny little detail was that the doll's hair had gray streaks in it!
************
************
************
There was a contest to guess the number of candies in the jar next to the doll. I looked it over and wrote down "62", which I figured would be close. I counted the layer of candies on the bottom and then estimated how many layers were in the jar and multiplied. The correct number was 64, and my guess was the closest!! So I won a package of blue paper plates, which I promptly gave to the bride-to-be, as is customary at bridal showers.

***********
***********

Happy Saturday evening!!

YYYYYYYY


2 comments:

Pat - Arkansas said...

What a sweet bride doll, gray hair and all!

BTW.. I like your new Inspiring Quotes thing you have on your sidebar. Very nice.

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Pat!

Hey, I found that scrolling quote box on one of the SkyWatch blog sites. It is very easy to put on your blog, and they have three different sizes, this one being the smallest, I believe. Isn't cyber technology amazing!!