Friday, January 4, 2013

Old Farmall


     Here's another drive-by photo from our trip to town earlier in the week.  This old Farmall tractor is spending its retirement sitting on the edge of a field along a highway...


     I'm not sure if its a model F20 or not, but when I was a kid we had one.  It usually had a loader bucket attached to the front for moving snow or manure or rocks or whatever needed moving.  It started very noisily with a crank that was located at the front of the tractor.  I was scared of the loud start-up and would cover my ears with my hands if I was nearby.  That old tractor still resides on the farm where I grew up, but it hasn't run for many years.

     I'm sharing this with Weekly Top Shot  at The View From Right Here blog.  CLICK HERE to go there.


11 comments:

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Love this photo of this beautiful old tractor! So nice that you have memories of one like it, too. I like it's wheels. xx

Anonymous said...

what a terrific shot!

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful photo ~ awesome ~ Wonder why it is just left there ~ seems like a treasure ~

A Creative Harbor aka ArtMuseDog and Carol)

Karen Lakis said...

I love it when old farm machinery is used as decoration - beautiful capture, and so quaint!

Anonymous said...

How nice to see the old tractor. They have plenty of charm, just like old barns. :-)

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful photograph!

betty-NZ said...

That's a great shot. I bet the story behind it is really cool!

Coombe Mill - Fiona said...

Fab tractor, would love one for our farm, a real statement! Popping over from The View Right Here.

Anonymous said...

I like that contrast between the pristine snow and the red of the tractor... the steering is interesting, that long rod... Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #64!

PinkOddy said...

How great is that - looks so picturesque.

Ahayes1225 said...

Very nice, looks like you have winter, it is cold here but no snow.