Sunday, March 3, 2013

New Camera

  
     The other day I took the plunge and bought a new point-and-shoot camera to replace my old one which had given up the ghost a few weeks ago.  I missed having a handy, pocket-sized camera to have along when I'm outdoors doing chores.  Here's a shot taken this morning:


     The new camera has 16X zoom.  The old one had 10X.  You can see how I zoomed in on part of the scene above in this next shot.  Fun!


     I almost bought a camera that had 32X zoom and was priced lower than the 16X, but it wasn't sized to fit easily in a pocket.  I stood there in the store, mulling and pondering and weighing the advantages of each camera.  The sales clerk tried to be helpful, but I kept wishing he would just go away.  I like to be left alone to think things through, though that doesn't mean I always make the right decision.

4 comments:

42N said...

Do you have a DSLR camera in addition to your point and shoot? If not you may want to think about making the plunge into the DSLR world. All depends on what you want to shhot and how much gear you want. Many top end point and shoots on the other hand do an incredible job in capturing great shots while giving the photographer lots of flexibility. Love your tree shots. That's quite the zoom.

Leave It To Davis said...

I also like to be left alone...I tell them I'm just looking.

Jeannelle said...

I also have a Nikon D40 which is fun to use but not as easy to carry around.

Dave said...

I never would have thought those were taken with a point & shoot. I only have a DSLR, I agree there are times when it is just to big. I am thinking about buying a smaller camera for everyday photography.