Friday, October 5, 2012

Wisconsin Shots

Last Sunday my husband wanted to go visit his brother in Wisconsin, so away we went---with me driving, unfortunately. There were superb photo opportunities around every bend and I suffered in silence as we drove past gorgeous fall foliage in northeast Iowa and crossed over the Mississippi River twice.  The river bluffs looked like a colorful patchwork quilt!

Out of five hours of being on the road, I was in the passenger seat for only a half hour and that was in Wisconsin.  Nice fall colors there, too, of course.  I shot photos like mad, ending up with several that contained road signs…     

Sept 30 (3)

There are four arrow signs in this next photo.  See if you can find them all…

Sept 30 (5) 

The road showed signs of split personality for aways…

Sept 30 (17)

This line-up of highway number signs caught my eye…

Sept 30 (22)

Got this quick shot of a cool theater marquee as we drove through Viroqua (sorry the visor got in the way---better than my husband’s nose which ended up in a few photos!)…

Sept 30 (26)

And, finally---just another scene that I liked.  Autumn is so beautiful!  I don’t want it to end!

Sept 30 (31)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful captures. I liked the "find the sign" aspect in the second shot.

rhymeswithplague said...

I found only three of the four signs. I must be slipping.

Jeannelle said...

Get your magnifying glass, rhymsie...the 4th sign is way in the background.