Thursday, November 6, 2008

DONA NOBIS PACEM


*
The subject of the day is PEACE.
*
*
I'm going to hypothesize that PEACE does exist within each human being, placed there when we were created in the image of God. So often, though, that inner core of peace is layered over with the drapes of selfishness.......self-pride, self-righteousness, self-importance.......you know, ME, ME, ME---I must have it MY way; I AM RIGHT---the consequence of having a human nature.
*
May each one of us strive to push aside the selfish layers in order to reach that peace which exists within. No matter what our background is---our race, our ancestry, our religion---throw aside the selfish drapes and allow the peace to reach out into our own sphere of influence........into our little world where we live our lives each day. We never know what effect that may have on a larger scale......many little peaceful worlds could meet up to form a big peaceful world. Imagine lots of circles or spheres intersecting.......similar to charts from back in geometry class.
*
I watched President-Elect Obama's acceptance speech late on the night of Election Day. One of his phrases jumped out to me........"UNYIELDING HOPE". I liked the sound of those two words together. May we embrace an unyielding hope for PEACE in the world. An unyielding hope that people can and will show kindness to each other, living out the Golden Rule and Jesus' words: Love your neighbor as yourself.
*
I believe it was good for the world to see what occurred on Election Day 2008 here in the U.S. Maybe in some places where the American image is so tarnished, the outlook can begin to change, and hatreds can be lessened.
*
*
BE THE PEACE YOU WISH TO SEE!
*
SHOW KINDNESS, LOVE, AND UNDERSTANDING TO ONE ANOTHER!
*
DONA NOBIS PACEM!
*
***
*****

3 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

yes be the peace you want to see... Happy Thursday!!!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

And may each of us find our inner peace so we can give it to the world.

DesertHen said...

Wonderful post Jeannelle. It has only been in the last few years that I can feel that peace you speak of deep within me.....I so try to live my life in a peaceful, calm way now. Your words really made that peace rise within me today.....after such a hectic week, I was feeling anything but peace.

BE THE PEACE & CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE

I love the new look of your blog....