Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Radio Reminder

Its after 10 p.m. and sleep beckons, but I must stay awake until my son gets home from his basketball game. So I'll take the opportunity to relate this true little happening:

I love it when tiny unusual things take place; the following occurred last Friday evening. Because Husband's brothers would all be here on the weekend, I had gone to town to stock up on groceries. I finished shopping around 6:30 p.m. and phoned home to let them know I was on my way. My younger son answered-----he was home because his basketball game had been postponed due to the extreme cold. We talked for a couple minutes.......he informed me that our older son, Daniel, had called and said he, too, was coming home for the weekend. He lives 2 1/2 hours away, and I thought, "Great......another traveller to worry about in this awful weather." It was not an attitude of faith, but the mother instinct in me pushing forward.

As soon as I was done talking to my son on the phone, I turned on the radio in my vehicle. The first thing I heard was Elton John singing this line, "Daniel is travelling tonight on a plane.......I see his red taillights, heading this way.......". I smiled and shook my head; it was like a reminder that Someone was watching out for Daniel, and I should quit my worrying! He safely arrived home later in the evening.

2 comments:

Country Girl said...

I can't believe how cold it is where you are. I feel for you. How does your camera even work when it's that cold? I like this post where you turned on the radio and heard a song with your son's name in it.

Good one.

Jeannelle said...

country girl,

Thanks for visiting and commenting! I probably wasn't outdoors long enough for the camera to be affected.....its been too cold to stay out very long!

I enjoy the photos on your blog!