Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake

I wonder if any readers of this blog felt the earthquake that happened in the Midwest U.S. this morning? In the newspaper this evening I read that people in Des Moines were aware of it at around 4:40 a.m. At first, I thought I had no recollection of it, being still blissfully asleep at that hour of the morning. Then I vaguely recalled being awake in the darkness this morning and thinking......."My goodness, the wind must have really started up again." That's all I remember. We sleep upstairs, and when the wind blows really strong, you can feel the room shake a bit. So, I wonder now if maybe that's what I felt, and became briefly conscious enough to register the thought that the wind must be blowing. All was still when I got up a couple hours later.

P.S. - posted 4/19/08 - I just visited the Dairy Wife blog. She has a post about
how the earthquake felt to them there in Indiana, much closer to the epicenter than we are.

My son who lives in Davenport, Iowa-------a couple hours southeast of us-------told me that the shaking of his bed woke him up. His first thought was that the neighbors in the apartment below him were getting frisky.......to which he thought, "Nah". Then he wondered if someone was bumping the building with a vehicle.......he thought, "Nah". Then he considered that maybe it was an earthquake......to which he also thought, "Nah". When he got to work later in the morning, he heard the news that it really WAS an earthquake!

No comments: