Friday, June 20, 2008

Solstice Sunrise

Ok.......drum roll........(which I was able to do many years ago as a drummer in high school band)........here it is:
*******
Summer Solstice Sunrise - June 20, 2008
Klinger, Iowa, U.S.A.......or thereabouts:
Latitude 42.65667
Longitude -92.21917
*******
*******
*******

**********
**********
***********
Officially, the sunrise today occurred at 5:32 a.m. CST. These photos were taken at approximately 5:50 and 6:00 a.m. CST, looking in a northeasterly direction. As you can see, the lucky ol' sun had to work its way through a blanket of clouds before breaking into open sky.

**********
**********

If I survive turning 50 today I will try to snap a photo of this evening's sunset and post it forthwith.

**********

If you have a hankering to take a gander at many lovely sky scenes today, then visit Wiggers World blog from the U.K. for the weekly Sky Watch Friday, which contains links to sky scenes from around the world!

*********

Have super day!!

14 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Very lovely.

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Ruth!

Thank you! Have a wonderful day!

Jane O' said...

This is a wonderful shade of red. Aren't the colors of nature spectacular?

Mary Connealy said...

Happy birthday!!!!!!

I LOVE the picture with your kids. Ah, I remember those days. I look back on them so fondly but I've enjoyed every stage of my kids growing up so I don't wish myself back there.

Anne said...

Its like a postcard from Paradise... dreamy.

Nice weekend from Norway.

Daniel J Santos said...

great colors, well done.

Pat - Arkansas said...

Beautiful photos of the solstice sunrise. I like the idea of Hayhenge. Maybe hubby could be talked into storing your hay bales in such a pattern. I'll come sit with you anytime and look at your wonderful skies.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Russell said...

Happy Birthday from the Ames, Iowa, area!!!

I actually SAW that sunrise this morning!! Believe it or not...! Bailey and I were outside doing our chores and I saw the sun come up!!

This is a great day! It is great day to have a birthday!!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Happy Birthday! And what a way to start the day! Beautiful!

sugarcreekfarm said...

Happy Birthday!!! I think summer solstice would be one of the best days of the year to have a birthday :)

Jeannelle said...

Thanks for all the good wishes, everyone! Its been a beautiful day!!

Anne-Berit said...

Oh my..I love colours like that,beautiful pictures!

esnorway said...

good color good pics

Petunia said...

The colours are amazing and your shots are awesome!


Petunia's SWF