Wednesday, November 5, 2008

PEACE Tomorrow

As I type this on Monday night, I have not the slightest idea who will end up as winners on Election Day. By the time this post publishes, U.S. citizens will have had their say, quietly, in the voting booths.
*
But, enough about the election, already. Don't forget that tomorrow,
November 6, 2008, is BlogBlast for Peace.
*
A blogger, Mimi Lenox, came up with the BlogBlast idea two years ago.
*
Its really very simple. If you're a blogger and wish to participate, simply blog about PEACE in your November 6th blogpost. Entitle your post, "Dona Nobis Pacem", which is Latin for "Give Us Peace". Mimi considers it a profound thing for bloggers around the world to unite on one subject on the same day. I think she could be right.
*
Mimi gives info here about the Peace Globe designs. I did do one---shown below---but, I'm sure you could blog about PEACE tomorrow even if you didn't make a Peace Globe. You can say a little or alot about PEACE in your post......just be sure to entitle it, "Dona Nobis Pacem".

*
Participate if you wish.......if don't wish to, that's fine, too!!
*
PEACE!
*

4 comments:

Adventure girl said...

I love this idea and will try and do it;)

GeckoGirl said...

Can a persons idea of Peace be any subject?? Like if a persons idea of peace is an empty house when you've got 7 kids? Can I do that?? Teresa

Jeannelle said...

Hi, adventuregirl,

That's great! I hope you do. I think it will be cool if lots of blogposts are entitled "Dona Nobis Pacem" tomorrow!

*********

Hi, oregontribal,

Hey....that sounds good.....an empty house can be very peaceful! Go for it!

DesertHen said...

What a great idea....I will try to join in the Peace blogging tomorrow. I just want a little peace in my week....its been CRAZY!!!