Friday, November 21, 2008

Scribbler Award

A blogger from Iowa, and a superb writer.....Sherry......of A Feather Adrift kindly bestowed this Superior Scribbler award on my blog. Thank you, Sherry!

*

Here are the rules for this award:

1. Pass the award on to 5 others.
2. Link to the giver......in this case A Feather Adrift, linked to above.
3. Display the award as you see above.
4. Link to this Scholastic Scribe blogpost, which explains the award.
5. Link through that Post and add your name to the list of recipients.
6. Post the rules as you see here!
*
Haha.....I recall doing plenty of scribbling when I was a schoolkid. Often, the margins of my notebook pages were filled with odd-shaped letters, symbols, and other whatnots. Blogging certainly is an offshoot of that........scribbling elevated to a somewhat higher level by modern technology.
*
Here are the 5 blogs I'll pass this Superior Scribbler award on to:
1. The Human Race 600.......authored by "Caution Flag".
2. Rhymeswithplague.......authored by Bob Brague.
3. Gravel Roads and Daiquiris in the Dirt.......authored by Deserthen.
4. Peacock Blue.......authored by Nonizamboni.
5. Adventure Girl Wanna Be.......authored by Adventure Girl Wanna Be.
*
*
I recall now that Adventure Girl and Deserthen each kindly honored me with an award a few weeks ago, which I haven't gotten around to posting about. Thank you, ladies!
*
Here's my own personal view on blog awards, and it will probably sound rather scroogy and party-pooperish.........but, I sort of wish that anyone who might think of giving my blog an award would just go ahead and give it to someone else. Mostly because I'm basically lazy and selfish and doing an award post is alot of work! But, thank you so much for thinking of me!!
*
Also, I think I'm going to remove the award banners on my sidebar and put them into one blogpost, which I will put a link to on my sidebar. Does that make sense? Awhile back I visited another blog which had done that and I thought it was a rather good idea.
*
I don't wish to offend anyone with my opinion of blogger awards, so I truly hope none of you feel that way after reading this. Tell me off in a comment if you wish! The connections made through blogging are wonderful and interesting, and are award-like in their own way.
*
Actually, I'm very much in favor of us bloggers mentioning other blogs that we find interesting, and providing links. And, that can be done without the trappings of awards.......but, that is just my opinion, of course.
*
Happy blogging, everyone!!
*

11 comments:

Caution/Lisa said...

And here I thought I was the only one with contradictory award opinions. I love them; I do. Sometimes they arrive just when I need a virtual hug. I've passed a handful of awards on and had a couple of the recipients return them to me with the word that they didn't "do" awards. At first, that stung because I really wanted to honor their blogs, but then I understood. I suppose they could be considered clutter, but I live quite comfortably amid clutter.

So all that said, I am grateful, Jeannelle, for the much needed virtual hug you gave me today, and I am honored you choose me as one of the recipients.

Reamus said...

If you blog, is it for yourself or to get an award?

I think your idea of putting them all in one entry is a good one.

The work to pass them on isn't worth the "hug."

Jeannelle said...

Hi, caution,

Well....its not that I consider awards as clutter. That's not it. I mean, my house is cluttered.....clutter is not much of an issue with me.

The next comment from Reamus says it best......I wish I would have thought to explain is so simply: I don't blog to get awards. I blog because I enjoy blogging....and, it has nothing to do with awards.

So, thanks, Reamus, for stating things more clearly!!

DesertHen said...

Hello Jeannelle,

Thank you so much for thinking of me and passing this award on to me. I love it...=) It will probably take me awhile to pass it on, but I will get around to it. I like your idea of putting all of your awards into one link. When I started blogging, I didn't even know you could get awards....great idea, but often time consuming. I simply blog for the shear joy of sharing my thoughts and life with family, friends and others that I have met along the way....I'm so glad I found you....=D Virtural (((HUGS)))) to you my friend.

Adventure girl said...

Hi there, Thank you so much! I love it. I totally respect your right to not like the award thing. It does get laborsome! But thank you so much for thinking of me;)

Reamus said...

Farmwife,

It's all pretty simple, mostly. For me its now rhetorical as well since I read many blogs, but tore mine down to finish my novel sometine months ago...

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Deserthen,

Thank you for your gracious acceptance.....don't worry if you don't get the award passed. Yes, when I started reading blogs, I noticed the awards and thought, wow......it must be nice. And, then the day came when someone kindly bestowed an award on my blog for the first time and I was thrilled, of course. But....eventually, I sort of thought, "enough already", especially because of the effort it took to pass the awards on. Its awful of me to feel this way, I know. I don't pass on email forwards either, even if they say things like, "If you are a true Christian, you will immediately pass this on to ten people." Good grief. Or, there used to be those chain recipe or book club letters that would come around.....I'd feel so guilty, but into the trash can they'd go.

I'm very happy to have made your acquaintance, too! It has been eye-opening and so interesting to read about the farming going on there in Nevada. Blessings to you each day in your new job; I'm very happy for you! And, yes, I too, blog simply because I love being able to channel thoughts out of my head, onto the keyboard, and out into the world.

***********

Hi, adventuregirl,

Thank you for graciously accepting, too! Your blog is cheerful and bubbly! I'm thinking your personality must be that way, too. Good for you! I've never been bubbly, much to my mother's chagrin in my growing up years.

Keep up the great blogging!

**********

Hi, Reamus,

Good for you! Yeah, I suppose blogging is kind of frivolous, when writing could be used for more serious pursuits. Sometimes, I think the soup that could be a novel is floating around in my head, but knowing exactly how to go about gathering it into a pot and cooking it is the dilemma.

I wish you the best with your writing. I'm wondering if your novel is published....I hope so....I'd love to know more about it.

Reamus said...

Farmlight,

No, not published yet. Been two or more years in the "soup' trying to make sense of it. Nearly there now. It is off to be proofread in the next week or so.

Blogging is serious if it means something to you and from what I've seen, you do it well. I just coudn't do both....not real sure I do either well.

Everone has a book in them my literary crit teacher once said. Myself, I think it takes a certain dysfunction to write and rewrite fiction, but fiction is generally about dysfunctional folks anyway...My blog was a travelogue mostly and a bit of whimsy when I was home. Still go camping about five months a year and do write about it. Just now, it only goes to an e-mail group who seem to find it either enlightening, funny or easy to delete.

I'll be back, I do enjoy your photos, especially skywatch and the farm scenes and stories. I'll let you know when the book goes to press.

Keep writing. For what its worth, I think its excellent...just don't give awards, is all.

Jeannelle said...

Reamus,

Thank you for your insightful comments! I enjoy them.

I hope all goes well for your novel as it heads into the proofreading stage. It must be like a long, long process of giving birth......the writing and rewriting. Much effort and probably pain of some sort is involved.

I do enjoy blogging.....I believe it keeps me from slipping back into the depression rut. It keeps my mind busy and ever looking forward to the next post. I need that.

I see one of your interests is "Chaos Theory" and Googling it led me to "The Butterfly Effect" which I have read of before and find completely fascinating.

Thanks for visiting and commenting! Yes, keep me updated on your novel.

rhymeswithplague said...

Jeanelle, thanks for this award! What a nice surprise to discover upon returning home from sunny Florida (70 degrees) to a cold, wet, rainy night in Georgia. I don't blog to get awards, but I appreciate them nonetheless! I blog for the same reasons ducks quack, dogs bark, and ushers ush. They have it in them.

I was really fascinated by your Christ Pantocrator post. Beautiful and informative.

Again, thanks for thinking of me as a "superior scribbler"!

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Rhymsie,

You're back from Florida.....sunny and 70 sounds easy to take!

"Ushers ush".....good one.....and that's one reason you qualify as a "Superior Scribbler". You're just clever as heck!

Yes, I just love that face of Christ for some reason, and can hardly fathom its age.