Friday, November 28, 2008

Twin Cities Cyber-Trip

Today we had a visitor from The Twin Cities......that being the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, of course. Up there---"Up North"---was a favorite destination over the years when our kids were younger. We enjoyed many visits to Valleyfair, Mall of America, The Minnesota Zoo, The Science Museum, Como Park, etc., etc.
*
As we chatted with our northern friend this morning, I was goofing around with my daughter's laptop on the side, trying to find some blogs from the Twin Cities. Here's a few that popped up, full of eyecatching photos to enjoy:
*
Mitchster.com - This link is to his Thanksgiving Day post, and I like what he writes concerning what blogging means to him, and how posting photos has opened up a whole new world of awareness for him......"I would have walked right past this sad little stick in the past, but now I know how to give it its day." I like that thought! It echoes my feelings about blogging and photography, too! (The Penn & Teller video is good, too.)
*
Just Roaming the Cities - Nice shots of Minneapolis and St. Paul in this one.
*
Twin Cities Daily Photo - More interesting city shots.
*
Uptown Minneapolis Blog - Cool, artsy city shots here!
*
Dusty Lens - North Metro and Beyond - Some neat black & whites here.
*
*
Ok, that's it for now.......I wasn't even planning to blog today.......blame it on my Minnesota visitor.
*
Are any of you insane enough to go shopping today? I know people who get up in the wee hours of Black Friday morning to go camp out in long lines in front of stores in the freezing cold. Good grief. My daughter works at Kohls and she had to be there at 6 a.m. this morning. She was told to expect a full day of nonstop cash register work.
*
If you are shopping today, I wish you lots of bargains and short check-out lines. As for me---a totally sane person---I'll be here at home, catching up on mountains of laundry ignored during the days of Thanksgiving preparations. I envision a peaceful nap coming up this afternoon, after a walk in the COLD sunshine.
*
Happy Black Friday to you!
*

8 comments:

Deb said...

I did not shop..just went to the doctor ... no bronchitis yet...thank goodness!

DesertHen said...

No shopping here for me!! I have never understood the excitment/insanity that goes with the Black Friday shopping craze!! I just don't want to be up that early and fighting others for a few good sales. I like to take my time and find special gifts for the people in our lives.

I hope to spend the day blog reading, writing future posts, eating leftovers, taking a walk and a nice nap this afternoon...=)

Enjoy your day Jeannelle.

Before I forget, you and your daughter were correct on the movie that our Mookie cat stole his lines from....good job!! (from my post last Sunday) =D

Reamus said...

Farmwife,

No that is not me. Sad though in its way. I suppose there are those that could be thankful for what he has, I just don't happen to be one of them. He is a brain wasted, in my opinion. But what do I know of such things? Someone else gets to decide that.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

khols opened at 4 am here... everything else 5 am... and NO i wouldn't go to a store on a bet or dare today... Happy Black friday to you too!

Country Girl said...

Jeannelle, I loved that site called Dusty Lens! Really cool pics and made me want to update my blog.
Kohl's opened at 4 am here and no, I don't go shopping on Black Friday. I do go shopping online on Black Friday, however, but not today. This year we can't do Christmas like we'd like to, so frugality will rule. It's ok, though.
I hope your envisioned nap was peaceful and it wasn't too COLD of a walk in the sunshine!
Have a great evening.

Jeannelle said...

Deb, Desrthen, Reamus, Laura, Country Girl,

Whew....what a relief.....no Black Friday shoppers among the commenters here!

I wonder if today--the Saturday after Thanksgiving--has a nickname, too? Whatever it is.....have a pleasant one!!

Sue Seibert said...

Too many disasters yesterday. I have never, and I plan never, to shop on Black Friday. It isn't worth it!!

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Sioux,

Thanks for stopping by! Oh, isn't that terrible about the man getting killed by a stampede at a Walmart? And two guys shot each other at at ToysRUs.....good grief. Black Friday may need to be outlawed.