Friday, March 4, 2011

Grained Photo

Guess I’ll end this blogging week with a detour away from the flower pictures.

windmill corncribs grained

  A few years ago on a cloudy, windswept Sunday afternoon in autumn I decided to take a photo-search drive around the neighborhood.  Why I chose to venture out on such a blustery day is a mystery, but before long these old-fashioned wire corncribs and their windmill companion came into view, lonely reminders of by-gone farming practices.  The cribs once held grain and this photo was altered with the PS “grain” effect.  Not that I used it just so I could type the previous sentence in today’s blog text---it simply looked good on the photo.

3 comments:

Flea said...

I like it. :) I love that you're having so much fun with PhotoShop.

DesertHen said...

I like the way it made the photo look. I guess I need to get PhotoShop...I think I'm missing out. =)

Pat - Arkansas said...

I like your photo, but it made me sort of sad to see the abandoned structures, especially the windmill. A defunct windmill grabs my heart.