Monday, June 6, 2011

Wordy Weigela

June 2 (1) This bush owns a wordy name---Wine & Roses Weigela florida “Alexandra”.

Speaking of words, it occurs to me that my blog could use a different name---for two reasons.  First of all, at 53 it is most likely true that I’ve long since exited midlife, as surely the chance of living to 106 years of age is minimal to non-existent.  Secondly, this blog doesn’t seem to be much about farm stuff anymore, although most of the flowers I take photos of are found on or near our farm.  On that note, maybe “Life by Farmlight” would be a better fit, or “Life by Flowerlight”, though that particular title would limit my photo-taking to blooms and blossoms---applicable only as long as I remain in the mood for such.  Decisions, decisions…..  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really do miss the stories and pictures of your farming life. Your flower pics are very well done, attesting to the great effort you sometimes mention, to get a good shot. So many bright colors! Is it a daughter that had the baby a year ago?
Dairymary

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Dairymary. Thank you for your comment. I somehow lost my enthusiasm to blog about the farm....maybe I'll find it again someday. The granddaughter who had the birthday belongs to our son; last month our daughter's baby girl turned one, also. Hope all is well in your world!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanelle,
Farming is still happening, tho not as much as we would hope right now. We've had Such a wet spring, that we still have to get most of our silage done! Of course, cows still get milked, and calves fed. As things are slow, I'm leaving on a road trip, starting at a son's, 5 hours north, for grandson's 2nd birthday, then see my sister and fam.,
, and then ailing uncle and aunt, who are living apart due to health circumstances. I can be of some help and a diversion to them. I'm looking forward to these almost 5 days away. Dairymary