Monday, July 18, 2011

More New Wildflowers

Here are a three more entries into the wildflower category of I-have-never-seen-these-before.  Before a few days ago, that is, while enjoying my wildflower-hunting expedition on a country road in our vicinity. 

This first one goes by the name of Great St. John’s Wort.  I’ve always wanted to see a St. John’s Wort and it was certainly an honor to happen upon a Great one.

July 13 (26)   

Shyly displaying its slender stems and tiny blossoms was this White Vervain:

July 13 (32)

I almost didn’t drive down the road where I found this next one---Prairie Blazing Star, caught in its initial stages of “blazing”.  At the top of my next week’s “to do” list is a reminder to go back and snap more photos as the blazing/blossoming progresses. 

July 13 (105)

No comments: