Thursday, December 8, 2011

Round Building

On Tuesday I decided to go Christmas shopping.  I took the camera along in hopes of finding something halfway interesting to post on the blog.  While driving across town from one shopping area to another I remembered that there used to be a round barn in the vicinity and wondered if it was still there.  It used to sit along the main route through town but that road had become a dead-end a few years ago when a new four-lane was constructed. 

Dec 6

A quick detour down the dead-end street showed me that sure enough, the round building is still there, though not part of a farm anymore.  And, someone has added artwork to fit all four seasons!    

4 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Fascinating building. I wonder what it is used for now.It looks very neat and well kept.

Trisha said...

I love old barns and round ones are even more special. I like the paintings with the star in the middle.

Pat said...

Now THAT is cool! So worth the trip! Thanks for posting this beauty!

DesertHen said...

What a beautiful round building! The craftmanship of these types of buildings simply amazes me!