Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Fern

Am not in the mood to traipse around out in the cold outdoors with the camera, so here’s a photo I took last summer.   

June 20, 2011 Effigy Mounds & Pikes Peak (7) I wish I could say this fern was growing in the yard here on our farm, but actually it was along the trail at Effigy Mounds National Monument near Marquette, Iowa.  As I get ready to click “publish”, the thought crosses my mind that the green of this fern will clash with the green background of this blog, but that’s the way it goes. 

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful shot! so artful, yet simple! nicely done!!!

Mildred said...

Very nice shot of this beautiful fern!
And I don't think the green of the fern clashes with the green of the background
Thanks for sharing;o)

***
Hope you are having a very nice week****

Rose said...

I like this shot...think it goes well with the green of the blog. Out in nature we see all kinds of green together and like them, so why not here.

Michaele said...

Nature is so awesome! The leaves are perfect.