Friday, January 6, 2012

Loadin’ Up

Late yesterday afternoon found us loading up the old 630.  Its headed to the repair shop after fainting dead away at the sight of our neighbor’s shiny new John Deere tractor the other day.  (See blogpost of two days ago.) 

Jan 5 (2) Also packing up to leave the farm was our college son, signaling that the holiday season is now officially over.  I made sure to send along any remaining Christmas cookies and snacks.  We don’t need them around here anymore, that’s for sure.   

9 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

awww! good luck to the old john deere! i hope it will come back with renewed vigor! :)

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

Came to check out Barn Charm I missed when my computer died and could not get past the tractor because tractors are the bee's knees! I will take the old tractors any old time!

Terry and Linda said...

We have a 630, a 730, and a 530. Terry much prefers the old ones. Your's look really good to our eyes.


Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

Pat said...

That's an oldie but a goodie! My husband got a kick out of this post! He grew up on a farm!

I'm sure your son will enjoy the goodies!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I liked this photo of the John Deere. Reminds me of the old Johnny Puttputts that my dad had through the years on the farm. Love your photo in the last post of the sunrise!
Thanks for stopping by my blog, I've just signed up as a follower. Have a nice weekend!

Anonymous said...

LoL at the fainting dead away comment... poor poor old John Deere! =)

Al said...

Nice old tractor! I use a D40X, and the wide-angle lens is one of my most-used lenses (I've got a Sigma 10-20mm lens). Have fun!

Carletta said...

Oh Deere... :)
This post made me smile.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

This made me giggle- poor old John Deere! My DH has a tractor that is on it's very last wheels...longing for a new JD, but not one as fancy as your neighbors!