Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Date with Hubby

I just returned from a typical farmwife’s date with her husband---I rode along with him to a junkyard.  While he looked for the scrap metal he needed I sat in the pickup and read a book.  I just couldn’t summon the gumption to walk around taking pictures of the rusty farm machinery.  Because there were other people around and they would have thought I was a weirdo.  No problem…I like to read, too.

Mostly, I rode along in hopes of eating lunch out.  And, we did.  At a sub place.  Afterwards, we were sitting at a stop light and this appliance delivery truck was there, too.  Wow, I could have planned a kitchen remodeling project right there on the spot!

June 26 (8)Sorry the photo doesn’t include more of the truck.  My point and shoot camera is getting quite decrepit and won’t zoom and focus very quickly anymore.

3 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sounds like a good day,time spent with hubby,reading a book,eating lunch out and getting a neat shot.

Amy Burzese said...

That sounds like a good trip with hubby. I would love to walk around in a junk yard! And I don't take a lot of shots because of what people will think. Or what I think they will think.

Judy said...

I'm smiling...about your date. I get it!