Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Infinity Room

Welcome to the Infinity Room at The House on the Rock in Wisconsin!

7-29-12 (40) I guess the room is supposed to look like it goes on and on to infinity.  It gets a little spooky as you walk towards the far narrow end---you can feel the room moving!

7-29-12 (43)

If there had been more time, I’d have sat on this bench contemplating the view:

7-29-12 (41) It gave me an eerie feeling to step close to the window to peer all the way down to the valley floor over 150 feet below:

7-29-12 (38) The view in the distance was great, however!  There was mist rising up from the tree-covered hills and some of the clouds were low and looked almost like smoke:

7-29-12 (39)

This last photo was taken from the deck on top of the Infinity Room:

7-29-12 (46)

More to come from The House on the Rock.

5 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is a cool place. I just don't know if I could look over that edge.

Louis la Vache said...

The Infinity part is a little disconcerting, but the views are great.

«Louis» thanks you for your visit to San Francisco Bay Daily Photo.

Terry and Linda said...

How cool is that! We saw a TV documentary on this house and it made me want to visit.

Thank you for taking me along!


Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

Nancy said...

Beautiful views -- looking forward to more. :)

42N said...

Great view of the length of the Infinity Room. I'll put this on my must see list - its only under three hours from here.