Monday, September 10, 2012

Barn Charm

This is the one and only clear drive-by shot I got during my more than two hours of driving to Pella the other day.  Whenever I spotted something I wanted to take a photo of, there was usually lots of oncoming traffic and I either didn’t take a shot or I aimed the camera without looking.  Those turned out to be mostly blurry or contained only sky and the car doorframe.  Oh, well, better than being the cause of a news headline such as “Fiery Crash Blamed on Woman Taking Photo for Blog” with the subtitle of “Legislature To Consider Banning Drive-by Photography” with a possible further subtitle of “Blogging To Be Investigated”! 

Sept 8 (4)

Thanks for stopping by!  Click HERE to go to Bluff Area Daily for this week’s “Barn Charm”.

Barn charm

19 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

like the roof slant & quilt square. ... so cool. (:

Karen Lakis said...

Definitely MUCH better than causing a crash! Very nice quilt barn!

Deanna said...

Well at least in your drive-by you managed to get a really nice quilt barn. Your post made me giggle!!

Sonya @ Under the Desert Sky said...

I love that barn! And the quilt!

TexWisGirl said...

that's a good one. shooting while driving not recommended! :)

Kim, USA said...

Very charming barn! Love that quilt design. ^_^


Kim,USA

Latane Barton said...

the pale gray of the barn just sets off the beautiful quilt square. I'm liking the contrast.

Unknown said...

If you figure it out, let me know. I didn't get a single one to turn out in an 8 hour drive to the coast.
{My husband was driving!)
Nice photo.

Lesley said...

the tent shaped barn looks most unusual - glad you got most of it in your hasty shot.

Elaine said...

The shot you did get is lovely! Your news headlines made me laugh. Perhaps a couple of other subtitles--"Should Photo Turn-outs Be Mandatory For All Scenic Barns?" or "Barns Up In Arms Over Invasion of Privacy."

Nell at njschout said...

Pretty nice for a drive by!!

Anonymous said...

You found a barn with a quilt pattern! I love your "about me." I think that must be why I like blogging so much--weed-free and dust-free! Some days it is really hard to get good shots, no matter how hard we try. Glad you got them safely, and without getting all of us investigated!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Nice drive! And you got a quilt too!

Tanya Breese said...

i like it!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

LOL! It is much easier to take a drive by photo when one is a passenger in a car! You captured a great barn, non-the-less!

42N said...

Your metal barn photo is like the wooden one that I used for this week's Barn Charm. Too funny.

Judy said...

Hehe...I hate to admit I've done this same thing. I just love barn quilts. Great find!

Anonymous said...

Too funny, don't bring the cops down on us, now, Jeannelle! Beee careful, it's a jungle out there! heheheee
Great barn & shot, drive by or not... beautiful! =)

EG CameraGirl said...

Taking drive-by photos can be hazardous, that's for sure! But I like this barn very much. I'm guessing that it's built into the side of a hill and not really an A-frame. :)