Saturday, September 15, 2012

Your Sunday Best

I took this photo last evening because I really liked the dark green trees, the golden soybean field, and the subtle pink of the sky.  When I brightened it a little, the sky got those patches of digitalization or whatever it is and I got mad and slapped the speckled grain effect from Photoshop onto it.  I don’t know very much about cameras---I’m guessing my photos don’t have a high enough resolution or enough pixels or something. 

Sept 14 (7) 2 speckle grain

Visit A Rural Journal for Your Sunday Best.

Your Sunday Best

12 comments:

Tiggeriffic said...

This time in Iowa everything starts glowing~! The soybean fields, the sky ~ and the sun set.. WOW ~ LAST nights sunset was so awesome.. Such bright red color almost crimson.
Todays weather was so nice and warm. Feels like fall for sure..
Have a great day~! Ta Ta For Now from Iowa too:)

Linda said...

simply wonderful!

Anonymous said...

It looks good with that texture. Looks like the beans are really turning.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the pixelation in the sky when you do certain editing... esp when I convert to black & white, that happens a lot.

Nancy said...

Your fields look much drier than those around here -- I think this is a great photo, Jeannelle. :)

Liam said...

Wow! That is so cool! :):)

lorik said...

Very nice image! The colour combination is perfect. Great processing too - the orange textures against the fine texture of the foliage looks great.
And this would look great on Mandarin Orange Monday:)

Anonymous said...

Love that beautiful pink glow!

JennyC said...

I think it is beautiful! Great job :)

~Jenny
Black Fox Homestead

Pat said...

It looks like a painting! Beautiful!

42N said...

It looks like a base photo for a magazine or book cover - where copy would be applied overhead. Very nice.

DesertHen said...

This looks like a painting! So pretty!