Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mt. Hosmer Overlook

Another stop we made on Saturday was at the Mt. Hosmer city park in Lansing, Iowa, which is situated high on a hill above the Mississippi River…    

Oct 20 (106)

The above photo looks in a southeasterly direction and the one below straight east over to the hills of Wisconsin…

Oct 20 (123)

I was surprised at how colorful the sumac still was.  The bluff below the park overlook was absolutely beautiful…

Oct 20 (113) 

We had been in Wisconsin before arriving in Lansing.  As we crossed the bridge, I asked my daughter to take some photos.  (Difficult though it was, I didn’t take any shots from behind the wheel that day.)  Mt. Hosmer is at the top of the hill in the far right of this next photo…

Oct 20 (87) 2

7 comments:

Tiggeriffic said...

Next time you are in this area you should stop at Ball Town for dinner or supper.. It's at the Breichbach Resturant.. Delicious food.. Maybe you have been there already.. But it's on way up high and the road you follow is windy.In the valley you can see the Mississippi River..
Nice pictures and good that you go traveling to historical spots in Iowa.. We have a beautiful state..
have a tiggeriffic day~! ta ta for now from Iowa :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful pictures. The bright blue of the water is amazing.

Judy said...

Wow, you weren't too far from me :) Tho we haven't crossed this bridge yet and keep saying we have to cross it whenever we pass by it.

Gail said...

Absolutely beautiful. Fall colors and wonderful water everywhere.

Jeannelle said...

Tiggeriffic, I've never been to Balltown, but hope to go there someday and eat at that well-known restaurant.

Unknown said...

Balltown looks like an interesting place to explore. The view is amazing. That's what I enjoy in my travel.
Home Loan Cockburn

Unknown said...

Balltown looks like an interesting place to explore. The view is amazing. That's what I enjoy in my travel.
Home Loan Cockburn