Tuesday, January 8, 2013

School Bus


     Sometimes when I take a walk in the afternoon I end up sharing the road with the school bus.  That happened yesterday.  I wasn't planning to take a photo of the bus, but then decided to after it was down the road a ways.  I had to zoom in and that's why the picture has a hazy look.  


     I rode a similar school bus on this same road countless times many years ago, never dreaming I'd live along it someday.  My future husband lived right here on the farm where we live now, but I didn't meet him until high school as he attended his church's school through 8th grade.  I'd see his family's farm place as our bus drove by it each day, not having a clue who lived there.  Actually, it was then on the school bus that I first got acquainted with him in 9th grade.  And, come to think of it, the first time we held hands was while riding on a school bus after a class rollerskating party.  All together now, let's say, "Ain't that sweet!"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That certainly is sweet!

Meggie said...

I'm so glad you took this photo and I loved how your story became a love story...I'm all for HEA (happy every after)

Amy Burzese said...

Yes that certainly is sweet. I love your shot. There sure are a lot of utility poles.

Judy said...

Oh, "Ain't that sweet!" :)
That really is a cute story.

42N said...

What's up with all those telephone poles?

Ruth Hiebert said...

Seeing a school bus is like home to me. I drive a school bus and have for the last 33 years. Who knows what kinds of 'friendships' have been formed behind my back.

Jeannelle said...

42N, they are electricity poles which look close together due to the zooming.

DesertHen said...

Great perspective on this shot! And what a great story about how you met your husband after all those years of riding by his parents farm!