Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Watery Wednesday


     In last week's Watery Wednesday  post, I blogged a 1980 photo of Bear Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado.  Being young and energetic back then, my husband and I continued our hike, venturing down the trail to Bierstadt Lake...


     
     I recall the forest there was so quiet, the ground covered with a thick layer of pine needles, and it was free of underbrush, unlike the deciduous woods here in Iowa. From Bierstadt Lake we took a different trail and got a little lost, ending up tired and thirsty and a long ways from the Bear Lake parking area where our car was.  

Visit Bluff Area Daily for this week's Watery Wednesday.    



9 comments:

Elaine said...

Fun to look at old photos! When you're young and on a lovely hike you don't always think about the return journey. You can bet that's something I always remember now!

Karen Lakis said...

I think I took that same hike a few years back. RMNP is such a breathtakingly beautiful place! I love your photo with the mountains in the background!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Looking at old photos can bring back so many fun memories. I like the mountains in the background of this one.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely spot...

Leave It To Davis said...

Those are a LOT of trees!!!! Can you imagine all the wildlife living in there? I would love to see that in person!

betty-NZ said...

It's so great to see places I will never get to see for myself. I'm glad you posted your photo from 'way back then'!

eileeninmd said...

It is a beautiful place you found with lovely views. Happy WW and have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love these authentic vintage pics, beautiful view! Glad ya'll made it out of the woods ok, esp out there! =0

Thanks for joining =)

Judy said...

What beautiful mountains. It's been about 15 years since I've been there.