Friday, January 18, 2013

Yesterday


Yesterday my husband needed to go somewhere to get parts for the milking machines.  He didn't need to ask me twice to ride along.  It was a chance to take drive-by photos, so why wouldn't I go!  Along the way, we saw scenes like this...


Our destination was Elkader, where we saw the Clayton County courthouse, built in 1878...


Actually, we were kind of lost when we drove by the courthouse.  We couldn't find the dairy supply business we were looking for.  Maybe we should have followed this truck a little further...


We got a kick out of the cows-comin'-at-ya scene!


6 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

lol...you sound like me...grabbing your camera at every chance you get! Does it drive your hubby crazy like it does mine? Mine just doesn't understand why I want to take so many pictures. It's addicting. Love all three of these pictures! I would have taken all three myself! (I love that bench in the last picture.)

Anonymous said...

I love that snowy goodness.. and the galloping cows, well lol!

Jeannelle said...

So far my husband hasn't complained about me doing drive-by photography.

Anonymous said...

That truck is a riot! Hope you finally found your parts.

troutbirder said...

Nothing like a good ride in the country for some photo opportunities. Very nice...;)

Judy said...

I totally love that last shot!