Saturday, February 9, 2013

Trip to Chicago


     Two of my kids and I once visited Chicago.  This photo shows the date of July 1, 1997.  We left home early in the morning and arrived there in early afternoon.  I was a little nervous about driving in a big unfamiliar city, but before we left I carefully mapped out the route to the downtown hotel where we had a reservation and we had no problem getting there.  Here's a shot taken in Grant Park, I think:


     We toured the Field Museum of Natural History, the Shedd Aquarium, the Art Institute, and the Museum of Science & Industry.  We rode to the top of the John Hancock Building to see what we could see.  From up there we spied Michael Jordan's Restaurant which was where the kids wanted to go for lunch.  We walked over there and had some really good hamburgers.

  

No comments: