Saturday, September 6, 2008

White Lobelia

I shouldn't do a blogpost today.........since The Cows already did one; they can be just so considerate at times! But, I had to show you this wildflower from the road ditch:Its a pure white lobelia, a rare occurence, so says some of the wildflower literature I've read. Elsewhere in the ditch are the usual blue-colored lobelia. Evidently the pure white variety is just an occasional fluke........if you keep the seeds, they won't grow back white again, so says the literature. You have to do a root cutting, it said. There's only one stalk of this white one and I hate to mess around with it, but would love to somehow transplant it to my flower garden. I'm goofy like this, but I think this flower was sent in honor of my son and daughter-in-law's wedding this summer!
***
***
***
I also wanted to show how amazingly gorgeous the sky was this morning! We're having much cooler temperatures now; I've worn long sleeves all day today. Autumn is my favorite season......so BRING IT ON!!

***
***
***
The Cows mentioned the wedding videos, I see. Sigh. Yes, its wonderful to have the lovely ceremony captured forever on video.......but.......but........I won't whine anymore.

Husband's brother did the videotaping with his new little video camera; it records on those smaller-sized CD's. He was here today and we were trying to figure out how to make copies of them, without success. I did manage to copy them onto our computer, but cannot burn them to a DVD........an error message keeps popping up: "Copying disabled." OK, whatever.

Besides the wedding ceremony, Brother-in-law taped the whole receiving line coming out of the church, as we parents greeted everyone. (The bride and groom stood in the church aisle and greeted guests as they exited from the pews.) The receiving line is really fun to watch, for you get to see everyone who was there! And, there's my voice shrilling in the background, saying for what seems like hundreds of times, like a broken record: "Thank you for being here!" Good grief. When my next child gets married, I'll need to come up with some variants of that greeting!

***
***


5 comments:

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Learn something new every day! I didn't realize Lobelia grew in the wilds...how similar to the domestic variety is it?

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I think it's sweet that you feel the white lobelia is in honor of the wedding.

I never knew cows were so gossipy. Chickens yes, but cows???? What a revelation.

Anonymous said...

Lovely flower and I might would attempt to transplant it... beautiful sky and WOW long sleeves... come to my world it was 93 today muggy and blah tomorrow will be 95 ish and just as blah! Its 10 40 pm and still hot out!
Hugs Laura
freakin blogger wont let me sing in so I am anonymous

Jeannelle said...

Hi, w.o.w.,

I have bought the little annual lobelia plants in the past and they look quite a bit different. And, the wild varieties vary in appearance, too, according to the pictures in my wildflower book.

*********

Hi, Ruth,

Oh, yeah, those cows can't keep anything under their hats. Don't ever confide in a cow.

***********

Hi, Laura,

I'll take the long sleeve weather, thank you! I feel for you, though......hot and muggy doesn't agree with me. I hope that new hurricane....is it IKE.....doesn't bother your area.

Country Girl said...

the sky is beautiful!! love it!

and i agree. i would be digging up that lobelia and parking it in my garden.