Wednesday, March 7, 2007

New Blogs

Well, I posted for the first time to my "Enlighten & Brighten" blog, and started another blog entitled "The Hymn Hideout". In the process I learned things about John Newton the author of "Amazing Grace", and Ina Duley Ogdon, the author of "Brighten the Corner Where You Are". Check out those two blogs.

While looking for John Newton in the World Book encyclopedias (he wasn't in there) I ended up reading about Isaac Newton. He may have never realized his own brilliance. Here is a cute and modest quote from him near the end of his life: "I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."

Its still quite cold outdoors, though the weather forecast predicts temperatures will reach the 40's by Friday. I'll believe it when I see it.

Husband is spreading manure out in the field today, so he goes roaring by in his orange tractor every few minutes. I had turned Miss Kitty out for a while after lunch, but I think she is scared of the noisy tractor for she quickly wanted to come back in.

Tonight at 7 p.m. there is a Lenten service at church. In years past, I used to make the effort to go to evening services during Advent and Lent, even though Husband could never go along because he milks cows until nearly 8 p.m. I used to rush through supper and bundle the kids up and off we would go to church. But, its not in me to do that anymore, as it has simply become stressful. I shouldn't feel that way, but I can't seem to help it. I do miss singing in choir, but it is just too difficult to try to make it to rehearsals which are right at evening chore time. And Husband gets grumpy when I'm gone alot at chore time. It's just not worth it.

Well, I must run along. There are chocolate chip oatmeal cookies in the oven, a huge pile of laundry to fold, and a kitchen that needs sweeping. After that, I really should get outdoors and take a nice long walk.

No comments: