Saturday, April 7, 2007

Help From Mother-in-law

The weather remains cold and windy. If good for nothing else, at least the cold temperatures cause the fields to stay solid enough for all-day manure-hauling. Husband has our son busy hauling manure out of the pit by the barn. It's good to be able to get that job done before spring fieldwork.

I'm trying to keep the house warm by baking cookies this afternoon. Daughter is giving her bedroom a thorough cleaning, which it definitely needs. In between cookie batches, I've been looking for some recipes to use for Easter dinner tomorrow. Ham balls are one dish I want to make, but locating a recipe was proving difficult. Finally, I opened a cookbook which I inherited from my mother-in-law, who passed away 13 years ago. Normally, I don't use it......not sure why. Anyway, the first page it opened to contained a piece of notepaper on which was a recipe for Ham Balls, handwritten by my mother-in-law. Just what I was looking for! When Husband came in for lunch, I startled him by saying that his mother had paid me a visit. Actually......I think maybe she did.

Blessings on this Easter Saturday!

No comments: