Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Over-Opinionated.....That's Me

I'm over-opinionated......so said my 18-year-old daughter yesterday. She had accidently left her FaceBook page on and I snooped and discovered that she had been conversing with an old boyfriend she supposedly had cut ties with. She had been giving me that impression, anyway. Once again......I'm thankful my generation didn't have so many modes of communication to get entangled in. We had the party-line ground-line telephone, snail mail, or talking face to face. That was sufficient!

Anyway, I blew up and said things I probably shouldn't have, prompting her to do the same. Ah, the wonders of mother-daughter relationships. I have this notion that it is in her best interest at this point in her life to not get so deeply attached to a guy, especially one who, in my opinion, is of dubious potential and appears to be manipulative. So there, I'm over-opinionated, and I over-react because of it. Plus, I feel my daughter was manipulating me by giving the false impression that she had broken all ties with this boy. Sorry, but it just makes me fume.

So, I hollered at her, "Thanks for ruining my week!". Mainly, that came out because this is the week of my older daughter's wedding-----we all have enough to think about because of that event, and we don't need the intrusion of other complications.

As if yesterday's flare-up was just a start of complications.......this morning when I got out to the milkhouse, there was milk running across the floor.....Husband had forgotten to put the milk pipe into the bulk tank! Too much on his mind led to money down the drain. I was just glad that he had been the one to make the error......that way, no one else got chewed out for it. Also, one of the cows is sick with diarrhea, and that meant the vet had to be called out, which is always an expense we don't need. I'm not normally superstitious, but on the calendar, I see that today is the 31st......turn that around and you have unlucky 13. Hopefully, having problems now will mean that nothing will go wrong here while we're gone at the wedding festivities. Yeah, right.




No comments: