Sunday, January 13, 2008

Goodwill Angel


I had to pull myself out of hermit mode yesterday to watch my son play in a JV basketball game. The game was in the town where my mother and step-dad live, so they were there, too, giving me "peeps" to sit with.
*************************************
After the game, on the way to the grocery store, I made a quick stop at Goodwill, and found the lovely little angel pictured above. For $1.00, that made my day!
*************************************
On the way home, after exiting the interstate, at a stop-sign I was right behind a mini-van, close enough for me to read its license plate number. In Iowa, our plates have three digits followed by three letters. The license plate on the on the van in front of me had my daughter's birthday (month & day), and her initials! A little bit amazing, considering that that's the only vehicle in Iowa having that particular combination!!! Just a little synchronicity.....nothing momentously important.....but, interesting and meaningful for me!

No comments: