Saturday, March 15, 2008

Flying Girl & Cat

My college freshman daughter is home this weekend. She enjoys coming back to the farm so she can practice her flying skills!!

One of her good friends from high school days came over this afternoon and the two of them spent time outdoors taking silly photos. They gave this cat a flying lesson, too!


My daughter worked on her FAFSA this morning. I'm sure some of you know what that is. This is the ninth year I've had experience with filling out that charming form. Doing it online is not so bad. With our first two kids, we used the paper forms and snail-mail. I remember being SO nervous about filling out the FAFSA the first time.....worried we would do it incorrectly and cause problems with the college financing. Good grief. College is great, but what a loan burden kids end up with after graduation. Thankfully, our first two kids have gotten good jobs.


The flying daughter in the top photo can't decide what to major in. A degree in silliness would fit her quite well!


6 comments:

Sherry said...

the photo is cute! I don't think I remember where you daughter attends college Jeannelle. I wish all kids could waste a year at college just taking any old thing they are interested in, and then declare majors and get serious after that. I know I would have made different choices had I been exposed to things like archeology and such. Instead I became a boring, but practical lawyer. Yech. I wish her the best!

Mary Connealy said...

FAFSA's make me crazy. I just finished my daughter's

Jeannelle said...

Hi Sherry,

The airborne girl attends UNI. Thanks for the good wishes for her! She needs them!

Being a lawyer sounds impressive to me, who never became much of anything!!

Jeannelle said...

Hi Mary,

No kidding, I agree about the FAFSA's. I dread it every year, too, but it has become less difficult after doing it so many times!

Where does your daughter attend college at?

Country Girl said...

The first time I filled out the FAFSA, I was so nervous. Then it began to become rote. And it wasn't a big deal anymore. The CSS profile was worse and even more involved and annoying.

I like the happy photos. Did you get a new camera yet?

Jeannelle said...

The two photos on this post were taken by my daughter's friend, with her own camera.

No new camera yet.