Saturday, March 1, 2008

March Meanings

Everyday by email, I receive "Today in the Book of Days" from Wilson's Almanac, the brain-child of Pip Wilson of Australia.

Today's serving from the almanac includes trivia about the month name, "March": .......the old Dutch name for March was Lent-maand........the Saxon name was Hreth-monath, which means "rough month" or Hlyd-monath, which means "boisterous month".......in the French it was ventose, meaning "windy month".

Everyday, there is something interesting to learn from Wilson's Almanac!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't want a rough month. February was hard enough! (love the header pic on the blog)

Sherry said...

Hey Jeannelle, Nice looking blog you are developing! I'm not on the Living blog any more but have set up a new one. Come see!
http://afeatheradrift.blogspot.com
I'm changing it some! lol...

Jeannelle said...

Sherry,

I like your new blog! Thanks for the directions on how to get there. Cute name! I often feel like that.....