Monday, April 21, 2008

Elbe River Tour Continued

Here's a few more photos of photos from Germany and the Czech Republic. Top left photo below shows the cruise boat on the Elbe River, on which my mom and stepdad were passengers. The other photos are of the Elbe Sandstone Mountains, also known as the "Saxon Switzerland Region". It is also called the "Bastei" region. The travelers brought me two pebbles as souvenirs......one from this area, and one from the street in Wittenberg that connects Luther Haus and Schlosskirche.

This Elbe Sandstone Mountain area in Germany reminds me of parts of the Black Hills in South Dakota.
*********************
*********************
Below are some glimpses from Prague. Don't those old Jewish cemetery scenes look strange!? There were other photo pages of Prague showing extremely ornate church interiors. My stepdad said they were given one full day on their own in Prague.......to walk around wherever they pleased.

*********************

*********************

As I mentioned in the previous post, this excursion was with the Viking Riverboat Tours Co. My mom and stepdad have also taken cruises on the Volga River between Moscow and St. Petersburg, and in The Netherlands at tulip blossom time. They are trying to decide where to go next! Must be rough, huh?? I think they should go to Norway and cruise through the fjords, or to Ireland. My mom wants to tour the Ukraine next, though. She really likes Russia.

1 comment:

Mary Connealy said...

You're okay. Taking pictures of someone else's pictures is a fine idea.
Go for it.