Friday, April 11, 2008

Update on Kitties


As you can see, Miss Kitty's kitties are doing fine, contented in their role of being a squirming little bunch of furry darlings. Miss Kitty attends to them 'round the clock------although, obviously, she's was taking a breather when this photo was snapped. Otherwise, Miss Kitty allows them to nurse most of the time, and you should hear her constantly purr as she engages in this motherly activity. Many calories are used in nursing......and probably in purring, too........so it shouldn't be long before Miss Kitty regains her svelte pre-pregnancy figure.
**************************************
This morning I awakened to the sound of a bird I'd never heard before. The morning light was too dim to even hope of seeing the singer, and I wish I could "google" the tune somehow to find out what kind of bird it was. Sigh. I do have a Roger Tory Peterson bird CD for the computer which includes birdsongs on it, so maybe I'll have to dig it out and see if the unknown singer can be identified.
**************
That also reminds me that in yesterday's Hitchcock movie we watched-----"The Lady Vanishes"------the elderly, seemingly ordinary governess, Miss Froy, was actually a spy who received messages through the songs of a mountain folksinger crooning outside her window. What a totally ingenious idea!
*************
When the bird woke me up this morning, I had been dreaming about an acquaintance who is passed on. In the dream, I had just found out that he had given up farming to take a nightshift job in a big post office. It was perplexing to me that he would do such a thing.......I couldn't imagine he would enjoy the boring postal work.
*************
Rain pelted our windows most of last night, propelled by strong winds. This morning, all is quiet, but still overcast. Sunshine would be nice........I hope your area is blessed with it today!!!

4 comments:

Mary Connealy said...

Sunshine would be VERY NICE!

We had a weird, seriously weird animal around our house about two years ago. I'd hear it in the night and just couldn't get a handle on what it was. Kind of high pitches, almost bird, almost howl.

I'd listened to it. My husband had, my daughter (before she graduated) had.

We finally figured out it was a fox. Strange noise.

I figured it out because my husband found a fox hole in a field and I googled animal sounds (or something) and found this website with a zillion animal noises recorded.

I clicked on fox and wow, there it was. What a world huh, where every animal noise in the world is available at our fingertips.

You could find your bird too, but you'd have to wade through a lot of choices.

Especially with migrating. Who knows what might be passing through.

Jeannelle said...

Mary,

That's what I'm thinking about my mystery bird.....that is was just passing through. Thanks for the info about the website....I'll look for it.

We hear coyotes occasionally. Creepy sound.

Sherry said...

So sorry to hear about the calf. That is a bummer and in keeping with these increasingly difficult gloomy days. I need some sunshine!

Jeannelle said...

No kidding about the sunshine, Sherry. We definitely need some.

Mary....I went to a website called eNature.com and listened to bird calls, but did not hear the one I was looking for.