Friday, July 25, 2008

Calf Eyelashes

Ok........guess what........I thought of a quick blog post to do. This calf was born a couple days ago. Big deal.......right........
(Yes, the flies send an ambassador to immediately welcome and get acquainted with each new farm resident!)
*********************
*********************

What I really want you to see is the length of the eyelashes on these critters! They cover his eyes. I thought it would show up better.........maybe if you click on the picture below to enlarge it you will see the long eyelashes.

I------of the very short eyelash persuasion------wonders why on earth God blessed these fashion-consciousless animals with lovely, long, graceful eyelashes. They don't even care a bit! But, I suppose it does help keep the flies out of the eyes. Good thing the calves don't demand mascara.......we'd go broke trying to keep them supplied in that!

*****************
*****************

Hey.........here's few links I picked up from this week's SkyWatch Friday..........that's the hazard of surfing that fascinating site........falling in love with more beautiful blogs!

The Road Less Photographed (Indiana) (I love that blog's name!)

******

Country Captures (Pennsylvania)

******

Photographic Memories (Indiana)

*******

Raboul Daily Photo (New Guinea)

*******

O Meu Espacinho (Switzerland)

*******

Of course, I could have latched onto many more links to equally excellent sites! Better yet, why don't you just surf on over to SkyWatch Friday yourself and explore the skies around the world!!

*******

Have a great day!!

9 comments:

rhymeswithplague said...

You think calf eyelashes are long? Have you looked at an elephant or a giraffe lately?

Jeannelle said...

No, I haven't, actually......HAVE YOU???

Pat - Arkansas said...

Go, Jeannelle! LOL Your new calf photos are great!

I read Silver and Florabelle Oxley early on... right after I discovered rhymeswithplague (from the link on *your* site, thank you!) I spent one whole evening reading every post since he created his blog. He really had me hooked.

Re: Sky Watch... I know, I know! Those photos and sites are addictive. Fortunately, I'm retired and live alone --except for the kitties -- and can (if I choose) spend hours on the computer. I probably shouldn't even admit that I spent over 6 hours yesterday hopping from Sky Watch to Sky Watch. I visited 150 sites before I finally gave up and went to bed. I'm almost afraid to see how many more were posted since then. I don't know that I'll make it around to all of them before the weekend is over -- but I'll try!

Anonymous said...

A calf needs to bat an eye once in a while too! LOL. I'll skip over to the rhymeswithplague and check out the stories Jeannelle. Thanks for the link up. And I've visited skywatch. How very neat. I think I'll try posting there. What time is Greenwich here? LOL.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Luckily for you and all dairy farmers, calves are vain about their appearance yet. Mascara and . . . OMG, what if they wanted pierced tongues?!!!

Egghead said...

That is the sweetest thing. I always am a sucker for long eyelashes...human or othewise.

nonizamboni said...

I loved this post because I'm quite fond of cows myself...and I loved your inner 'me' photo with the lamb--utterly charming, both of you!
thanks for your kind words for Skywatch and I found your photos gorgeous.
Your blog is wonderful--I'll be back!

Jeannelle said...

Thanks everyone for reading!

********

Pat,

I just checked and there are now 306 SkyWatch posts! I'll bet you're surfing through them right now!

******

Sherry,

Yes, I hope you do get a chance to join the SkyWatch list. Its fun.....and brings comments from around the globe! And, I hope you had a chance to read rhymeswithplague's stories, too.

************

Ruth,

That's funny....the thought of calves having pierced tongues.....actually, we do give the female calves a sort of earring, a name tag! Not for the boys, though.



***********

egghead,

Thanks for stopping in. This calf was extra tiny, too, which made him seem extra cute!


************

nonizamboni,

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I've always liked that Charlie Brown quote. You have a lovely blog.....I'm glad you were on the SkyWatch list!

Jeannelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.