Sunday, September 7, 2008

Home of Mary & Martha

**
**
This biblical scene in stained-glass appears to be Jesus visiting and teaching at the home of Mary and Martha. Fascinating details........even a dog curled up on the floor.........very homelike. I love the color combination in Mary's clothing........green and violet. Busy Martha, in the background, is wearing less gaudy attire........well, some like to wear bright colors and some don't.
**
**

***
***
This very beautiful window is from St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Waverly, Iowa.
***
***
Jesus says in Matthew 11:28-30 (RSV): "Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
***
***
Assignment for today: Set aside your Martha-busy-ness; go to church-----sit still like Mary (wear bright colors if you wish); listen and learn of and from Him!
***
***
[A couple days after publishing this post, I found a German-English dictionary website. The words at the bottom of window mean, "Founded by the womens' association".]
***
***

4 comments:

Pat - Arkansas said...

Lovely photos, J, and good advise.

Wishing you a peaceful Sunday.

DesertHen said...

What a beautiful way to start my day.....A beautiful window and a great reminder.

Beautiful Days to you.........

Laura ~Peach~ said...

lovley stain glass and lovely post!
Happy Sunday to you!

Jeannelle said...

Pat,deserthen, laura~peach,

Thank you for the lovely comments! If you click that second photo, the enlarged window is just gorgeous! I've said it a thousand times, probably......but, I just love stained glass!

And, I just love that Bible passage, too!