Monday, October 20, 2008

More SkyWatch EyeCatchers

Ok........one more round of visiting SkyWatch sites; I have 103 left to go. I'm getting a late start.......due to the fact that after Sunday dinner yesterday, I had to make a run to Waterloo to buy ointment and gauze and wraps for a scrape on my son's leg. He slid out-of-bounds and onto an asphalt running track during Friday night's football game and has a playing-card-sized area on his shin where the skin is scraped off. It looks painful. Football players can certainly get worse injuries than this, though, so I'm grateful its not more serious.


*

The shopping trip unfortunately ate up my whole Sunday afternoon. Since I was driving that far, a full-blown shopping list had to be thought of, to make the trip worthwhile. By the time I got home, there were calf chores to do and supper to fix. My son needed the computer for homework the rest of the evening, so my SkyWatch surfing was put off until today, Monday. I'll work on it in between my other daily tasks and what-nots. Believe me......I will NEVER attempt to visit ALL the sites again!

*
On to the SkyWatch eye-catchers (just my opinion, of course). ALL of the SkyWatch sites are special in their own way!! We all have different things that catch our eye, of course.

*

*

Here's a Daily Photo Blog from Trieste, Italy.
*
Here's a unique bridge in California.
*
Here's a nice blog from Alabama: Southern Artistic Touch
*
Beautiful scenes from western Washington state: Small City Scenes of Stanwood
*
Oh, I like the Twin Cities, and here's a photo blog from there!
*
Here's blog from the rural Midwest: In the Treetop
*
Wow.....this guy's in Fiji......and what great photos!
*
Tombstone Annie, The Tombstone Chronicler, has a great blog.
*
*
Do you wish to visit London.......Go here!
*
FaithFabric&Photos blog.......you can't go wrong with those three!
*
dlyn has a very nice blog, too.
*
Scenes from Long Island......just because I've always dreamed of visiting there!
*
Hey, this blog looks nice, too.......from Shelby County, state unknown. Check out the clever "Hooman Calendar" in her sidebar!
*
A very lovely blog here: EyesMindHeart
*
This looks interesting: Seventh Chords blog, by a tea planter's wife in India.
*
Wow......some beautiful photos here, LindaLetters from Washington State.
*
Here is a clever blog by a dog named Sweepy.
*
Here's stunning pictures from Norway: Lindaens Fotoblogg
*
Oh.....some cool photos on this blog from Islip, NY.
*
Heads up, art lovers.......here's Mary Hughes Art blog, from Michigan.
*
There's very nice Florida (I think) scenes here: Island Timer Anecdotes blog
*
There.......I made it.......to all 390 SkyWatch posts! Aren't you just so very impressed?! (I wouldn't be, either.) So what did I learn from this blog surfing marathon........1. That I won't try to do this again.........2. That there are lots and lots of great blogs out there.........3. That people all around the world share enjoyment of their loved ones and observing the beauty around them........and enjoy keeping photographic journals of both! Somewhere, recently I read that there are over one million blogs out there in cyberspace! My journey to 390 of them is but a drop in the blogging bucket!!
*
*

14 comments:

Pat - Arkansas said...

Sky Watch is, indeed, fascinating. I (only once) visited, and commented upon,every entry (323 of them) over the course of two days; exhausting! I haven't participated the last few weeks as I've been otherwise engaged. One of these days I'll come up for air.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

it is one heck of a list thats for sure! I am up to 320... so less than 100 left to view~! My ultimate jaw droppers this week are the upside down rainbows... something so totally unique and never seen by me before!

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!! Are you really going to visit all the approx 350 websites to see the SWF pictures? What a hell of a job :-) But I am very honoured that you visited my blog in the far away Netherlands. I think that ideas like this are doing a lot more for the world, than all those politicians and executives that do a lot of talking. Don't you agree? Greetings and till another SWF I hope.

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Pat!

Oh, have a wonderful time there as you are busy doing things you love! Thanks for stopping by!

**********

Hi, Laura!

Can you hear me panting as I try to catch up with you!! I figured I was following you.....my comments have come right after yours on some of the sites. It would be quicker to not leave comments, but I haven't been skipping that either. I'm at #295. Let me know when you finish.....I'll send up a cheer for you!!

Jeannelle said...

Hi, wieneke!

Thanks for stopping in. Yes, just this once, I'm visiting EVERY SkyWatch site. I totally agree with what you said......that things like this are good for the world!

Fish Whisperer said...

Thank you for the shout out. You have taken on quite a task. You site is great and so is your writing.
Cheers

Kathleen McQueen Wright said...

Thank you for the compliment I also have enjoyed kicking back and looking at yours today!

Sandra Carvalho said...

Hi Jeannelle!
Thanks for passing by and for leaving a comment. ;)
Loved this blog of yours!
Greetings from Lisbon,Portugal.
Take care.
xo

Anonymous said...

Keep going !! :-)

Lana Gramlich said...

My sympathies to your son! Yowch!
I couldn't imagine trying to visit all of the Sky Watch posts...Kudos to you!

Gayle said...

I've always wanted to visit them all, but I think my internet would be too slow...or I'm too slow as I tend to look around the whole site. I picked something smaller (Manic Monday) to say I visited them all! Thanks for visiting me at The White House

Egghead said...

I love skywatch. I find it way too time consuming to try to visit them all each week so I divide it up each week and try to comment on a few a week. Very slow and I certainly don't get to see all the fantastic views but it will have to do.

DesertHen said...

WOW...that is some undertaking!! I have visited a few of the sites and there are some great photos......thank you for sharing the links in your blog...=)

I'm trying to catch up on my blog reading since I didn't get around to reading this weekend. I missed the blogging world, but was swamped under a project I'm working on.......

I hope your sons leg heals quickly. My hubby came home from his fishing trip yesterday with a huge bruise on this leg and he doesn't know what he did.....the bruise is terrible and it has me worried!

Sage said...

I agree - many, many interesting blogs, amongst which is yours...will be back again.