Thursday, October 30, 2008

SkyWatch #16


Welcome one and all to this SkyWatch Friday post! Please be sure to visit Skyley.com to find the list of this week's SkyWatch posts from around the world!
*
One morning a couple weeks ago I was completely mesmerized by the cloud display above our farm. These photos are from that day.
*
*
BUTLER DID IT! YES, HE DID.......IN THE MILKHOUSE.......WITH A PIPE WRENCH! (My apologies if you've never played the board game "Clue".) I hope you enjoy the photos anyway! (Uh.....in case you are confused.......the brand name "BUTLER" is on the bin......its a BUTLER bin......very common in Iowa.)
*
AUGER WILL FIGURE THINGS OUT, FOR HE IS AN AUGUR! PERHAPS HE WILL READ THE CLOUDS.

*
MEANWHILE, THE CORNFIELD CONTINUES TO HOLD ITS OWN AGAINST THE ARMY OF CLOUDS.
*
HAPPY SKYWATCHING!!
*
*






10 comments:

Photo Cache said...

Oh how gorgeous those clouds are. So envious you don't even have to change your jammies to snap them.

MAYBELLINE said...

Beautiful. I would hate to submit a photo of the hot, dry, dusty sky here in Bakersfield, California. What a gross day of dust. Yuck. Thanks for showing there is a blue sky out there somewhere.

Nancy said...

Wow, those are some great cloud pics. I'm doing the skywatch thing this week too. My picture isn't my best, but it's a start and it will get better from there.

Jeannelle said...

photo cache,

Thanks for stopping by! Yes, a farm is handy place for running out at any hour to take a photo!

********
maybelline,

Oh, I'm sorry to hear your area is in dry, dusty mode right now. Doesn't sound fun. Thanks for stopping by!

*******

Nancy,

Hey, that's great! I'll jump right over and take a look before I turn in for the night. Thanks for stopping in!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

Wonderful as always and I ALWAYS get a kick out the the running commentary... I do feel its time for a MOOVing post from the herd... I have been missing them!

Jeannelle said...

Oh, Laura....that's so funny....are you psychic? I actually started working on a talking heifer post this evening. Gotta figure out where to go with the story, though. Give me a day or two.

Naturegirl said...

Amazing clouds in your sky!

Country Girl said...

Love how you incorporated Iowa farm life into your skywatch offering, Jeannelle!

Pat - Arkansas said...

Great sky watch & farm photos, J. Love those blue skies and white clouds.

DesertHen said...

Cool skywatch photos....that sky is so blue!