Friday, October 17, 2008

Traveling by SkyWatch

I'm attempting to visit as many SkyWatch posts as possible this evening. My son's football game is taking place an hour away----too far for Husband and I to attend, because of COWS----thus I'm home traveling the globe by internet!

*
Here's some interesting SkyWatch sites (SO FAR) from this evening's surfing (I've visited 65 sites thus far, having started at the top of the list on Skyley.com):

*
East Gwillimbury WOW! - Gorgeous autumn scenes from Ontario, Canada.

*

Reluctant Farm Chick - Wow! Some really clever and humorous writing here!

*

Confessions of a CF Husband - Incredible story here if you have a few minutes to read it.

*
Wordsmiths Unlimited - This looks interesting.......heads-up, writers!!

*
Monte Carlo Daily Photo - I have dreamt of visiting this tiny country.......

*

Nutty Birder - The first photo is stunning......sunset over ocean waves!

*
The Dinghy Dock - Clever views of a sunrise and moonrise from North Carolina.

*
Crete: Island in a Wine Dark Sea - Intriguing scenes from Crete!
*
Lilacs and Roses - Lovely scenes from northern Illinois
*
Bandung Daily Photo - Great photos and info from an Indonesian city
*
In a Soft Light - Brought beautifully to us by Mary of Dear Little Red House blog.
*
Two blogs from Jerusalem: From A Thin Place and Jerusalem Hills Daily Photo
*
Here's an interesting blog, The View From Over the Hill. Click to go to a post entitled, Body Politics: Sarah Palin's Body Language and Why It Should Worry You.
*
*
This blog appears to be from a dairy farm in The Netherlands.
*
*
Well.....I made it to 116 SkyWatch sites and have viewed myriad lovely and interesting photos. Now it is late and my eyes are very tired. Plus, my son just sent me a text saying they LOST the football game by 2 points...... in OVERTIME!! Sigh. Good night.
*
*










8 comments:

Pietro Brosio said...

Congratulations for having visited 116 blogs! You must have a very fast connection!

Pietro Brosio Gallery

Sandra said...

Thank you very much for your comment - your blog is really interesting and I enjoyed reading your posts. Greetings from Croatia

Laura ~Peach~ said...

sky watch is awesome so far i have made it to 200 and will attempt another 100 today and then the last however many tomorrow! Have you come to the upside down rainbows yet??? totally awe inspiring posts and two different folks i do think from two different parts of the world saw them this week!
sad to hear they lost... our HS game was cancelled due to rain!

DesertHen said...

My, my you are one busy lady going to all of those sites.........=) Thank you for posting links....some of those sites are amazing. I could so spend my day going from site to site, but there are other pressing issues that I must complete first........Have fun Jeanelle.

Happy weekend to you.........

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Pietro,

Thanks for stopping by! Our little town phone company does provide very good internet service, bless their hearts!

*********

Sandra,

I was happy to see pictures from Croatia, a place I know little about.

**********

Laura,

I'm sorry to hear your football game got rained out....but that gives you more time for SkyWatch hopping, right!! Have fun. You're way ahead of me!

************

milepost,

Thank you for stopping in!

*******

deserthen,

Yeah.....I'm sure I'll not attempt visiting ALL SkyWatch sites again! I actually do have a million other things I should be doing. And, I don't sit here all day and surf, of course. I run into the computer room between my other regular activities and surf to a few sites, then run out again. Have a wonderful weekend!

Dina said...

Thanks for the kind visit and mention. Glad to come to your nice blog and I'll be back.
Some of my best friends are farmers in Iowa. hehe But I've never been there.

Dorothy said...

Nice blog you have here! Very interesting! Thanks for stopping by mine via Skywatch! Come back and visit anytime.

BYW, we loved traveling in your neat, clean and diverse state!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't get to go to your son's game! And sorry for the disappointing score - hopefully he had a blast! Thanks for visiting my blog - and for linking to it here. You are so sweet. Happy week!