Monday, October 27, 2008

The Warmth of Sharing

Because I care about all you bloggy friends, I would dearly love to be able to share a bit of northeast Iowa with you today.......so, here you go.......have some WIND and COLD!!
*
This was the scene by my church yesterday........dry cornstalk leaves in residence on the fence, weaving and waving like streamers in the roaring northwesterly wind. Br-r-r! A good friend of mine uses the word "BURFY" to describe weather like this.......I think she made that word up, but it seems to fit!
The latest in arts and crafts projects.......corny fence-weaving......or fency corn-weaving......or weavy corn-fencing.......your choice!
*
Perhaps transforming the scene to black and white will help you to more easily FEEL the cold! Aren't you just so happy to have a thoughtful, sharing "friend" like me! Whoo-hoo-hoo-ha-ha-ha-ha! (That's to convey my maniacal laugh to you.)
*
Stay warm if you can, my pretties!! Whoo-hoo-hoo-ha-ha-ha-ha!
*



9 comments:

Country Girl said...

We've had a beautiful October so far here in Maryland. A couple of pretty cold days, but for the most part, gorgeous.

Sorry!!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

as we hit record lows in Georgia I shiver... the good thing is it only lasts a day or two then we are back to lovely warm temps... for a fat chick I sure get cold easily! HUmmmm must go get something warm /hot to drink and ponder this ....
Happy Monday!
Laura

Adventure girl said...

Perfect pics. They do a great job a depicting how windy it was. I live in Macomb, IL. I am 45 min from Burlington, IA.

I lived in Manchester in 85. Courtney was born there and we attended a lovely Lutheran church there where we were close freinds with the yound paster and his wife.

My new job...........I feel extremely blessed to have this job. I prayed for exactly this. I tear up often at this blessing.

On my way to Chicago for a conference. Have a great week!

Odd Chick said...

You are magical with a camera!!

Pat - Arkansas said...

Brrr, or "burfy" is a good descriptor for these photos, Ms.J. It's cool and very windy here today. This weather must have sneaked down from Iowa. But, the sun is shining; I'll count my blessings.

Great photos; the b/w do look more chilly.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

It's burfy today here too. We actually had snow flurries. We haven't had frost yet, but we have had snow. Go figure.

Those fence photos are amazing.

Egghead said...

It has been beautiful here in Oregon for the past week. Cold nights but beautiful days. I am loving it. I also love the corn photos...the last one makes me feel the cold.

DesertHen said...

Love, love, love the photos.....Jeanelle, you have captured the wind perfectly!!

Jeannelle said...

Thanks, all of you, for stopping by this wind-blown post! As for magical.....it is just all around us all the time!