Friday, November 7, 2008

Add A Background

Hey, if you like the autumn background here on this blog.......its very easy to get it, or any of over 250 backgrounds on The Cutest Blog on the Block website.
*
Yesterday, I noticed Deb's cool Thanksgiving background on her blog, Drivin' 55. Way up in the left corner was link to the Cutest Blog website. It was fun to "try on" many of the backgrounds! Like trying on clothes at the store......but much more pleasant, because you aren't faced with the sight of flab!
*
These backgrounds can be used if you utilize the "Minima" Blogger template, which I do. And, its easy to switch to that if you don't use it. You just copy the script for the background you want and then paste it into a "Add HTML or JavaScript" box in the Add-a-Gadget list in the Customize tab.
*
Ok......enough of my blogging while on a blogging break. Have a great day!!
*

9 comments:

rhymeswithplague said...

The black text is really hard to read on the new brown background. Maybe if you changed the text to yellow or light blue it would help the legibility.

Egghead said...

This is the same place I snatched my background and I love it. But like Rhymsie says the black text is hard for some people to read on a darker background so I changed mine. This one is very cute!

Dr.John said...

The text is harder to read but I like the fall theme.

Jeannelle said...

Ok.....because I rather like this fall background, I tried enlarging the text font and switched it to BOLD. Let me know if that makes it easier to read.

DesertHen said...

Love the new background. Seems easy to read now....=)

Thanks for the tip on finding new backgrounds. Will have to get brave and try it......

Jeannelle said...

deserhen,

Actually.....the scariest part would be changing your template to "Minima", probably. I was scared to death the first time I changed my template.....thought I would lose the blog or something. Trying on the backgrounds wasn't scary, because you can cancel them out right away if you don't like 'em.

Nancy M. said...

Thanks for sharing how you did it. I have been scared of messing up my blog by doing this, but it seems like it works!

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Nancy,

Thanks for stopping by! I have no clue how computer things like these backgrounds actually work, but its fun to be able to use them. I can ride the coattails of all the super smart computer programmers.....

Deb said...

Jeanelle,
Looks fabulous, daarling! Thanks for the compliment and the link to my blog.