Sunday, November 30, 2008

Advent of Snow

Today is the first Sunday of Advent, which I forgot to mention in this morning's post. Advent is all about an upcoming arrival. Guess what made its advent by this morning.........measurable, stickable SNOW! Fun, fun, fun for photographing! I was late in getting cleaned up for church this morning, due to my photo tour around the farm. This fascinating snow trick of clinging to everything in sight will not hang around long.......as we are advised to "make hay while the sun shines", similarly its a good idea to "take photos while the snow clings"! Tex the Cat will second that thought......though he might not admit it!
"Dogs are lazy!".........Yeah, Tigger will second that declaration!

Tex also wanted to show you the snow-covered steps he must traverse.......he claims that his tootsies are a bit chilly. What a wimp!

Look at this.......Buster seems to bask in the newfallen snow, enjoying a well-deserved nap after his efforts during morning milking chores.......efforts at lapping up all the spilled milk he can find, that is.

Would you like to take part in a game of one-on-one? Now......don't go and take that wrong, for crying out loud. Its simply a basketball game!

Or, a picnic.......how about a picnic.......surely there's no double meanings in that proposal! Looks like the seating might be a bit chilly, though.

Or, how about joining me for a cup of coffee on the porch?! Hmm.......no takers on that suggestion, either. Well, have it your way if you must.

A snowy good-bye for now!!
*








8 comments:

Adventure girl said...

Hi there! Lovely shots Jeannelle!

It's been snowing and sticking but must be warm enough out that it is not really accumulating much more;)

Laura ~Peach~ said...

your critters are great! the snow is beautiful... I can almost smell it in my head :) sometimes... but not often I miss snow... it has been dreary rainy here... I would sit on the back porch and have coffee in a heartbeat with you :)
hugs Laura

Country Girl said...

I'd have a cup of coffee on that porrch! Well, as long as I was bundled up and had my boots on, I would! Lovely, Jeannelle.

Jeannelle said...

Hi, adventure girl, Butchy&Snickers, Laura, CountryGirl,

Yeah, if you have to have snowy weather, this is the kind to have.....the air is warm enough that the snow is heavy and sticks for awhile. By the time I got home from church, the clinging snow was gone, but still a couple inches on the ground. Tonight its colder and the wind has kicked up.

Thanks for stopping by.....I won't make anybody sit on the porch in the wintertime!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. We had snow too but not as much, still it was pretty and it has been snowing all day. Our cats refused to even go out. Yours looked like they were enjoying the snow.
I really enjoy your blog.

Egghead said...

Brrr! The snow looks wonderful though. I love how Buster seems not to thing twice about taking a snooze in that cold stuff. Thanks for taking me on a tour of the white stuff.

DesertHen said...

What beautiful snow photos. Your critters in the snow are just too cute. I would love to join you on your front porch for a cup of coffee and watch the snow fall or melt....=D

Sherry said...

As I made my way to Church yesterday, I marvelled as always at the beauty of the snow when it is clingy like this. It never lasts long, but while it does, its a veritable wonderland. I was ticked I had not bothered to take any photographs, but figured you would certainly. And I was not wrong. Thanks for capturing all the winter finery Jeannelle!