Sunday, November 23, 2008

Snow Graphics

Our area of Iowa was treated to graphic snow artistry yesterday morning. This type of art never stays around very long........soon enough it is erased by wind or sun. You'd better not hesitate long in grabbing your camera and heading outdoors to make a photographic recording!










*
Here's hoping YOU are having a pleasant Sunday! We are! My college daughter is home......fun for me......it brightens my mood to have another female around the house. Just this past year I've come to realize the difference that can make, now that I'm alone with two men most of the time. The hormones are more balanced out with Daughter around. I don't know what's coming over her, though.......she's been taking a rock-climbing class at UNI and is crazy about it, and says she can beat all the guys to the top. She always has been strong.......must be due to growing up milking cows and slinging hay bales.......but, rock-climbing???! Good grief.
*
One of my high school son's football teammates is in our thoughts and prayers today. He collapsed after wrestling practice yesterday and was rushed to U of I hospitals in Iowa City. He had bleeding in the brain and underwent a 4-hour surgery last night during which an arterial bleed was found. How do I know these details? We found his updates on CaringBridge.org, and were able to send a message to him. His mom is Husband's first cousin---typical in small communities where many people are related. Anyway, I had heard of CaringBridge before, but had never visited the site......and what a great service it is! We are relieved now to know that his condition is stable and he is awake and alert and told someone that his night nurse was "hot". So-o-o......that indicates he must be doing OK!
*





8 comments:

DesertHen said...

Beautiful photos. Lots of sunshine here today, but it is very, very cold. We might get snow later in the week.

Enjoy the day with your daughter...=)

Thougths and Prayers to your sons friend and his family!

Trish said...

Beautiful shots there Jeannelle. You are a real artist with that camera and have quite the eye. Grin...love the comments about your daughter. I was such a tomboy...it was fitting I only had a son! But as I get older I could use a little hormonal balance once in a while...however. Not too soon...son is only 17!!!

Adventure girl said...

Gorgeous shots! So glad your daughter is home so you guys can have "girl time". I think it is super cool that she is rock climbing. My girls do that and I want to;) hence the "adventure girl wanna be" :):):)

How awful was that scare for the young man's poor parents??!! I am so glad they found it and he is doing better. Peace!

Jeannelle said...

Deserthen,

Hmm....its very cold where you are and I'm sure that means that our area will stay very cold, too. Sigh....its winter for sure now, I guess.

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers.....that boy had a serious close call and thankfully, it sounds like he will be OK.

**********

Hi, Trish,

Thank you for the kind words! It was the etching of snow that provided all the artistry. I just love it when we get light snows like that!

It has amazed me, actually, at how different I feel now when my daughter is around. Now that my son is basically grown up and can be considered a man, my hormonal stake in this household is outnumbered for the first time in my life. And, its not a terrible thing, of course, but just something noticeable, much to my surprise.

Thanks for stopping by!

********

Hi, adventuregirl,

So your daughters like rock-climbing, too!? And, you seriously would like to do it, too! Impressive! But, I'll not join you. My daughter wants to sky-dive, too......oh, I don't even want to think about it. Although, a friend of mine did that for one of her recent birthdays and said it was the coolest thing in the world. I'd never have the nerve.....

Yes, its a blessing that everything is turning out OK for my son's friend.....bleeding in the brain is a very serious matter, at any age. I'm sure his parents were beside themselves for awhile.

Pat - Arkansas said...

Love your snow graphics!

Glad you are enjoying having your daughter home. My youngest is home for a few days from her military station in Okinawa. I hadn't seen her for 15 months. We're having a good time, too.

Well wishes to the young wrestler.

Country Girl said...

Glad your sons teammate is doing ok. Sounds fun with your daughter home, too! She sounds like a pistol, bless her rock-climbin' heart. Hope you had a wonderful day, Jeannelle!

Mrs. B said...

I love how it looks in Iowa with the first snows like that. It is always so pretty.

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Pat,

How wonderful your daughter is with you for a visit! Enjoy your time together!

*******

Hi, country girl,

A pistol....that's a good description for her! Thanks for stopping in!

********

Hi, Mrs. B,

Yes, I love the light snows. My kids called the plowed fields, "oreo fields", on a day like this. We used to chop up oreo cookies to sprinkle on ice cream.....the snowy field resembles that treat.

Thank you for stopping by!