Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cows Plan Party

"Psst......Hey, Freckles, do ya know what tomorrow is?"
"Sure do.......its Moo Year's Eve......and, that means PARTY-TIME!"
"Righto.......and, it also means some party planning needs to be done.....pronto!"
"Eh? Perk up your ears.......listen up, all you bovine barnyard-babes.......gather 'round for a party planning session."

"Hey, Freckles, you still got that yummy and easy-as-pie Corn Dip recipe? The one you don't have to cook or anything, seeing as we don't have a stove or oven at our disposal."
*
"Sure do.......here it is: 1 cup MOOyonaise; 1 cup sour cream (hooray.....a dairy product!); 1 bunch onions, chopped; 1/4 to 1/2 jar jalepenos, chopped; 3 cans Mexicorn (regular white corn works, too); 2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese (yum!). Serve cold with tortilla chips and/or veggies. Expect compliMOOnts.......even from humans!"
"Hey, gals......I may be only a young heifer, but I can bring frosted cookies! Seeing as I'm covered with frost already, anyway!"
"Blecch!.......We don't care for sweets, honey! Go back to your recipe box and look for Hay Balls, Oat Bunches, Soybean Crunchies, or Silage Cakes. Your tastes in snacking must mature a bit before you can participate in cow parties."
"Jewel says that her friend in the middle there---GIN---says she will bring......you guessed it......Gin! Or, schnapps, or light corn beer, or any flavor of MOOnaschewitz wine! Just let her know......she's got connections for acquiring such beverages.......a cow acquaintance with fake human ID! We would nominate a designated driver, but seein' as we ain't allowed to drive in the first place, it ain't necessary."
"Dancer says she'll bring CD's to listen to......and dance to, too! What bands and singers do you like? MOOnheim Steamroller? MOOlli Vanilli? Dean MOOrtin? Chicago??......Who's that?? The artist formerly known as 'Princess MOO'? John MOOyer? MOOnhattan Transfer? Haulin' OATs......you betcha! The MOOdy Blues? The Fifth DiMOOnsion? The MOObie Brothers? Fleetwood MOOck? Don't you dare forget Glenn MOOller and his band playing 'In the MOOd'......we gotta have THAT on MOO Year's Eve!"
"Hey......lend an ear to me......me Carly, that is. This here cow standing next to me goes by the name of Equinox. We can't invite her to a party this time of year, can we? She's totally out-of-season, seein' as we just had the winter solstice. Where is Solstice, by the way? Be sure to invite HER."
"Take that, why don't ya....ya, COWS........eat some snow!! I, Equinox, had no control over the name I was given in calf-hood. Sheesh. Get over yourselves. Some of you are named Boob, Pickle, Juggle, Fizz, Q, Sassy, and Fanny........and you have the nerve to pick on MY rather scientific name of Equinox!?"
"OK, Equinox......point well taken. You are welcome to attend the MOO Year's Eve party, too. You bring the games........how 'bout some old classics like MOOnopoly, COWlue, Don't Spill the Beans, Tip the Cow (yes, there is such a game), Dairyopoly (yes, it exists, too), and Silo Chutes & Ladders. Twister might be fun, too."
"The party's gonna be a blast! Wish you blog readers could be here with us, frolicking in the dairy barn, after Jeannelle and that Husband guy get out of our way! Whoo-ee!! Bring on the fun! And, hey, let's invite the Brown Swiss bulls from down the road.......their hide may be the wrong color, but, heck.....who cares on MOO Year's Eve! Whoo-ee!!"
*
"Oh, yeah.....by the way......we COWS hope YOU will plan ahead to have an enjoyable and safe Moo/New Year's Eve, too!!"
*
*

12 comments:

Gail said...

How creative! All they all Holsteins or a mix?

Pat - Arkansas said...

Back to the pop up comment box, eh? :)

Those cows! They are SOOOOO clever and creative when it comes to planning a party!

Wish I could be there. I sometimes quite enjoy a small glass of MOOnaschewitz.

Happy New Year, Cows!

Gigi Ann said...

Sounds like a moovelous party to me. Who's bringing the moo juice?

Laura ~Peach~ said...

I must take party planning lessons ... the cows are better then I could ever be. I hope you cows have a wonderful party and and blessed and fantastic new year! I hope your humans do too! :D
Hugs Laura

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Gail,

They are garden-variety grade Holsteins. No two alike in looks, though!

********

Hi, Pat,

Yeah, I decided I like the pop-up box 'cuz its easiest for referring back to the post....my short-term memory is sometimes not very good!

********

Hi, Gramma Ann,

Oh, clever of you.....to think of "moo juice"! Actually, I believe each cow brings her own!!

*********

Hi, Laura,

Yes, the cows are much better than planners than I am, too. Best wishes for a happy and blessed New Year to you and your family, too!

Jeannelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DesertHen said...

Jeannelle you are one clever gal...that was a great post. Or might I say those cows of yours are very clever and what great party planners they are....can you send them over my way to plan a little fun for me...=) Hayman took off today to go visit friends, so this is the first year in 22 that we will not spend New Year's together. I think I will plan a little fun for Countrychick and I....movies, music and lots of yummy goodies to eat...might try that dip too.....=D

Tell those cows not to kick up to much of a fuss in the barn....we don't want any mooo-overs the next morning...okay, I know..that was BAD. ( I couldn' think of anything to replace hangover. )

Reamus said...

Please!!! No MOOOre, I Cowld not stand it!

MAYBELLINE said...

Wow! Now I know why your state is known for its CORN.

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Deserthen,

"Moo-overs"......that's a good one! I would have never thought of that! I wonder if a headache accompanies those, too?

It sounds like you and CountryChick will have a very enjoyable New Year's Eve....an evening at home with movies, music, and yummy snacks sounds fine to me. That dip is easy and good.....my daughter brought some along over Christmas and it was a hit. I think you could use plain corn for the Mexicorn, leave out the jalepenos, or whatever one wants.

********

Hi, ReaMOOs,

I fully understand....I will put a MOOzzle on the MOOing....after the comments are done.

*********

Hi, MOObelline,

Yeah....well, it can't all go into ethanol and cattle feed and human food. Corn should be served in other ways, too! Have a happy New Year's Eve!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Happy Moo Year's Eve to all of you tto.

Anonymous said...

very clever Jeannelle! Your MOO stories are the best. I found the recipe quite interesting. Never thought of using corn in a cold dip. I might give that a try! Have a great new Years eve and day!