Sunday, March 29, 2009

Judica Sunday

Mar 27 28011

Today is Judica, the Fifth Sunday of Lent. The name has something to do with desiring to be governed well…….by God, first of all, and then by earthly leaders.

Certainly, I pray for our leaders. I would rather do that than lambast them.

Yesterday, I was involved in an e-mail argument with a person who believes our current president and his administration are a reincarnation of the Bolsheviks and/or the The Third Reich. It put me in such a sour mood that I baked cranberry nut bread and a chocolate sheet cake, and turned off the comments on today’s post. (Its Sunday—take a rest from commenting.)

I have no recourse but to pray for the person I was arguing with, and he is probably praying for me, meaning our prayers will cancel each other out. That scenario is happening amongst Christians thoughout the U.S. That’s sad.

We have a properly elected president, and an administration in place. It would seem that being prayerfully supportive of their efforts to govern would be the right thing to do.

By the way, the snowy photo was taken yesterday.

Blessed Judica.