Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Yaquina Lighthouse

 Vonda's photo - Yaquina Lighthouse - Oregon

The photo below was featured in my previous post, where I had asked for help in pinpointing the location of the scene.  All I knew was that it was somewhere along the coast of Oregon, and there is a lighthouse in the distance.  Well, bless her heart, Egghead of

The Little Egg Farm blog mentioned that it looked similar to the Yaquina Point Lighthouse where her daughter’s wedding was held.  The above photo was emailed to me by Egghead.

What do you think?  It appears that the rock formation to the left of the lighthouse in the above photo may match the formation to the right of the lighthouse in the old photo below.

Oregon beach

Thanks, Egghead, for the information and for allowing me to post your beautiful photo of the Yaquina Point Lighthouse.

3 comments:

Sempringham said...

I'd say Egghead nailed it. It looks like her picture was taken from the other side, of course (from a boat or island?), and looking at a map, it looks like you (or the Zero pilot) are standing on the shore at Agate Beach.

Jeannelle said...

Sempringham,

This Zero says thank you for zeroing in on the name of the beach....Agate. Actually, I found a very beautiful agate in a field right here on our farm once....special delivery by a glacier.

Egghead said...

Yes this photo was taken from the opposite side of where Jeannelle stood. Oh I love Agate Beach.