Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Big Day & Tying Up Loose Ends

Well, the big day has arrived at last!  Today, for the first time ever, I will meet another blogger IN PERSON!  My mom and my two sisters will be there, too.  Mom tensed up when she heard the plan included meeting up with another blogger……the internet scares her to death, but she decided to ride along anyway, bless her heart.

Obviously, I won’t be spending time blogging today, but here are a few random loose ends:

Our dear indoor-outdoor cat, Miss Kitty, has been in the family way, growing quite ungainly over the past couple of weeks.  Monday evening, she was nowhere to be found.  My son retired to his room around 10:15 p.m. and shortly thereafter the phone rang.  Oh, I hate answering late night calls, so Husband arose sleepily from his chair to pick up the phone.  Pretty soon he was chuckling and directing me to go upstairs to our son’s room.

Haha……after snuggling under the covers, our son heard a strange little noise coming from under his bed.  Sure enough……there was Miss Kitty, purring to beat the band, with two newborn kitties squirming at her side.  (Son had called our house phone with his cell phone!  Yes, obviously, the phone company guys had spliced the cut cable back together.)

kitties

We assumed then that Miss Kitty was just getting started on her litter……because of her large tummy, but this morning there were still only two kitties by her side!  I’m totally perplexed by that; her previous litters have been of four and five.  Well, these two will have no problem getting enough nourishment from their mother, that’s for sure. 

*

Here’s another piece of exciting news:  I won something!  Yes, Caution Flag of The Human Race 600 blog kindly held a giveaway drawing last week in honor of her birthday, and I, of all people, WON!  The prize is a unique quilted wall-hanging (examples are shown in the above link).  The catch is that I have to choose a design for it, so I am mulling over that decision.  I may see if my blog’s header silhouette photo would work, with our farm name put in the sky above, but I’m still thinking on it.  Thank you, Caution!!

*

A couple weeks ago I received an email from Plinky.com, containing blog prompts.  I don’t use them, but there was a link to a blogger named Margaret Mason who has written a book about blogging, No One Cares What You Had For Lunch:  100 Ideas For Your BlogI was not aware that books about blogging existed and at this point doubt that I would ever read one, but you never know.  I’m glad, actually, that I didn’t know about them before beginning my blog or I might have thought it necessary to read the books first.  Like most bloggers, I just jumped in one day and started blogging.  For any of you who don’t blog……know that it is acceptable to do that:  just jump in and start a blog. 

The link leads to the book’s Amazon.com page.  I always enjoy perusing the reader reviews further down on the page.

On that note, tune in next time to hear about my meeting with Laura~Peach of Georgia and the Silence Is Broken blog.  She is visiting relatives in Missouri and graciously agreed to drive up into Iowa so she could personally turn Fred & Bessie over to my care.  Hopefully, they will enjoy being here on the dairy farm.  What if they don’t??!!  What will I do??!!  Time will tell……

I might even choose to blog about what Laura and I and our other guests had for LUNCH…..whether anyone cares or not.  Heehee!

*

Here’s how the crocus looked yesterday:

7th025

15 comments:

Flea said...

What fun! Your kitties are so cute. :)

You're going to LOVE having F&B around. Very pose able for ceramic cows.

There is nothing wrong with blogging about what you had for lunch. Especially when lunching with bloggy friends. I want to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I'm not sure on what authority it is that people write books and let us all know what we should or should not blog about. I know I would never spend my money on such a book. Is my blog lame? Probably, but I have readers so obviously someone enjoys it.

Love the crocus photo... it's doing nice!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Pat - Arkansas said...

You're going to get Fred and Bessie!!!!???? YAY!!! They will have such a wonderful time on the farm and environs. I can't wait to see what they get up to while in your care. When I changed out computers last June, I lost my link to their goings-on, and will be delighted to see them again! How fun!!!

Love, love, love the kitties!!!

Pat - Arkansas said...

P.S. and I should have said they (F&B) are coming to a wonderful home!!

Deb said...

Well, congratulations, you are a grandmom!!! Please keep us posted on their progress.

Missy said...

Ok, so I've been lurking around here, after finding you...oh I can't even remember now how I found your blog! But I'm also in Iowa. And the other day seeing your post of the Nazereth Church, and today's other stories including the ice house, figured you must be in the Cedar Valley, as I am! Just wanted you to know that I enjoy your blog greatly! Have a great day!

Marg said...

Bloggers are a treat and to find someone who has things in common.
Meeting them is yet better.
What a blessing.
Life is Good.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

How fun to meet a fellow blogger! You must ell us how all goes. Kittens are so cute and how funny she chose to have them under his bed!

Gigi Ann said...

I read in "Silence Is Broken" that she was going to visit you. I can't wait to read what went on between you two and also what you all had for lunch.

If I would have had to read a book before blogging I probably would not have blogged. I think we should be able to do our own thing, without someone telling us what we should and should not blog about.

I loved the kitten story. And they are so cute.

Nancy said...

Rats! I was hoping I'd be the first blogger you'd meet someday. Maybe it will work out later. I'll be anxious to hear how everything goes and hear what you had for lunch and all. The kitties and the crocus are both beautiful, it was nice to see them. Maybe they'll be more eventually and it was so funny that your son called to tell you. Sounds like something my kids would do.

Kat Mortensen said...

Kittens!!!Aww! I love kittens!

I AM SO JEALOUS! I wish I were driving up to Iowa to visit the Dairy Farm. Of course, you might never get rid of me. Ha ha!

Kat

Reese =^..^= said...

I really enjoy your blog and can see I'm not alone.

alphabet soup said...

Fred & Bessie are arriving. I'm looking forward to hearing abut them - BUT - will those hens in the rafters approve of Fred & Bessie?
I'm sure your Mom's fears about you meeting another blooger will be laid to rest at lunchtime. Bloggers, after all are people just like us!! ;-)

Miss Soup

Jeannelle said...

I very much appreciate all of you visiting and commenting on this post. There's just no time to reply, though. Easter busyness is picking up steam and I am behind schedule in housecleaning and preparing for Easter guests and food. God's blessings to you all!

DesertHen said...

Oh the kittens are so sweet! You have been so busy blogging and I have been so busy working...haven't had time to catch up lately.

I didn't know there was a book on blogging...how cool!

Congrats on your win! =)