Saturday, August 8, 2009

ISU Campus Wrap-up

ISU Tour 104 (2)

This post will wrap up the Iowa State campus tour with a hodge-podge of random shots. The first photo is of Beardshear Hall, followed next by the Parks Library.

ISU Tour 013

There was not enough time to hunt down the Grant Wood murals in the library. Maybe on my next visit......

ISU Tour 014

Its Cy-Ride! This bus service serves the city of Ames and the ISU campus.

ISU Tour 008

There was eyecatchingly graphic lighting in the Durham Center.

ISU Tour 018 Here's a cozy relic from the past……a former campus groundkeeper’s house:

ISU Tour 045

“NOTHING EVER IS, EVERYTHING IS BECOMING……”.

Perhaps a philosophy class would help in comprehending that thought.

ISU Tour 054 Cool artwork over a doorway:

ISU Tour 062

ISU wrestling highlights were showcased in the Lied Athletic Center. Wresting is a big, big sport in Iowa…..and at ISU. Past Olympic gold medalists include Dan Gable (from Waterloo, Iowa), Ben Peterson, Kevin Jackson, and Cael Sanderson.

ISU Tour 138 My son was gawking at Jack Trice Stadium as we left Ames. He hopes to attend a football game there this fall.

ISU Tour 147

The story of Jack Trice is quite amazing…..and sad. I’d say he deserved to have a stadium named after him.

Thanks for touring the Iowa State campus with us!

*

4 comments:

Reamus said...

Farm Wife,

Thanks for the great tour. Next time through your state I will have to try to see it for myself!

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Reamus,

Yes, by all means, do that! Ames sits right along The Lincoln Highway, you know.

Thanks for stopping by!

rhymeswithplague said...

Thanks for the multi-post tour of the ISU campus!

I don't remember if I mentioned it before, but my Dad's art teacher in the public schools of Cedar Rapids was Grant Wood.

Anonymous said...

Anything old catches my eye, always has. I love the "relic!"

The “NOTHING EVER IS, EVERYTHING IS BECOMING..." is an interesting caption. I translate it to mean everything is always changing, nothing completely stays the same (especially when IT is something in the mind).